Newts!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 12-20-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
AmphibGuy
Newts!!

Ok so just wanted to say hi to all my amphibian people and ask a few questions, first I've been trying to find some good young healthy newts and cant, and I want to do a live plant tank and want to know good plants/substrate as well as how many newts per gallon. Thanks in advance.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
Brokbakman
Daniel Ogrizek , his profile name is Daniel, has some great Kaiser newts that are pretty cool . I believe he breeds some other newts as well . Kaiser newts are mostly aquatic.

Old 12-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #3
AmphibGuy
Thanks a ton, I have a few tanks I am going to set up and plant . Really excited.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-21-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
ShrimpJuice03
Adult Eastern newts will work well too in a planted aquarium. Plants such as anubias, cryptocorne, java fern, java moss, and anacharis/elodea are all fairly easy to maintain. Seachem and Fluval make really good substrates. The anubias plants and java fern grow much better when attached to driftwood as opposed to be planted in substrate. Also there's also the option to have no substrate at all and maintain the plants in pots or deal with only the ones that grow on driftwood.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #5
AmphibGuy
Wow, thanks shrimp.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
Socratic Monologue
Amphib, do make sure you can provide low enough temps for the species you choose, and keep in mind that a planted viv will run a couple degrees higher than ambient during the time the lights are on (yes, even with LEDs) especially if you're fighting low humidity by restricting ventilation.

Old 12-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #7
AmphibGuy
Thanks doc, humidity isn't a problem here, and it womt be restricted
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #8
Texalotls
Hey AmphibGuy!
I see you're from Victoria. I live in Corpus Christi, a few hours away from you! I have some Spanish ribbed newts (Pleurodeles watl), lesser sirens (Siren intermedia), and axolotls currently. I will also have some Eastern newts next month! Let me know if you need help with getting your tank ready or if you're interested in any of these species.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:06 AM   #9
Dano
CB 2019 N. kaiseri

If you are interested I have some kaiseri for sale. You can contact me at ogrizekdan@gmail.com

Have a good holiday,
Dan

Old 01-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #10
hobbyman
Any aquatic plant, or semi aquatic plant will work great for newts, atleast newts that are getting towards a water life that is. When dealing with the small babys that lose there gills and want to climb up on land for about a yr in there eft stage, would be wise to build a half land half water(50/50) paladarium setup. The difference between a vivarium and paladarium is that the paladarium holds water. With out plants you would have to do alot of water changes to remove the nitrates. Dont be bashful to stock the hell out of your set up with plants, also gives them a place to hide. Some newts can skip the land stage completely and go straight to the aquatic life like eastern newts. Im unsure about other varietys having that capability.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!