Almost over Covid - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
JColt
Almost over Covid

Well the nightmare is almost done. Last week I had no energy and needed frequent breaks at work. I went into work last Friday and lasted 2 hours and went home. Tested positive for covid.

They think I have the newest form called Omicron. The worst of it was a severe sore throat that ran into ears. I spent 2.5 days barely able to sleep and when I did I dreamt of having sore throat. I found Aleve to work best. Once sore throat tamed down I slept 12 plus hours a day and took naps.

This morning I feel almost human. Tomorrow I go for re test. They said 2 to 5 days to get results back then I should be able to go back to work.

I had the first 2 shots done in summer but had not had the booster. There are 6 other people out at my work. One young guy in late 20's who I hear is pretty ill. Wife has it also but very minor. Daughter and grandson have it also. Felt bad for grandson, He started his first day of his first job and had to come home 4 hours into first shift.

Just be wife and I cruising the internet for Christmas. Kind of relaxing though I suppose for a change. Last few holiday seasons were a bit of a hassle.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:04 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Glad you're doing alright.

Lucky you had a couple shots in you -- could've been much worse. I just talked to our neighbors, who have a friend that is in hospital getting antibodies, and couldn't really breathe. Scary stuff.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #3
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Glad you're doing alright.

Lucky you had a couple shots in you -- could've been much worse. I just talked to our neighbors, who have a friend that is in hospital getting antibodies, and couldn't really breathe. Scary stuff.
Thanks John. Yes the breathing part can be very scary. Luckily this time the chest part was relatively minor. I've heard as it mutates it is easier to catch but the symptoms become less. I will say that is the worst sore throat and ear pain I have had since I contacted mono back in the 70's.

Old 12-24-2021, 01:11 AM   #4
WebSlave
Glad to hear you are pulling out of it OK. Especially with that fairly recent surgery you went through.

Honestly though, I thought this would be a different topic. When I read the topic line, I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, I am about over this COVID crap myself!"

Old 12-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #5
WebSlave
I've been thinking about this. Has anyone had an old fashion plain vanilla cold or flu in the past two years?

Old 12-24-2021, 08:21 PM   #6
Lucille
Joe I'm sorry you had go through all those days of misery. I'm hoping that that it is all behind you and that no lingering symptoms remain. I'm hoping your Christmas tomorrow is quiet and peaceful and that you can rest and be comfortable.

Old 12-25-2021, 04:44 PM   #7
JColt
Yes nice and quiet. Just wife and critters and me quarantined.

This evening 1 or 2 episodes of The Left Overs. An HBO Max series. The writing style is kind of out there so I am on the fence if I like it or not. On episode 6 so guess not too bad.

I had a summer cold this year around August. Remember I was having a hard time cutting grass with it.

Rainy blah day but got up near 60 here and 46 now. Not bad Cleveland Christmas weather. Hope everyone doing well!

Old 12-28-2021, 03:29 PM   #8
JColt
Second day back at work. I'm glad it is a short week. I am exhausted. Hopefully back to 100% next week.

Old 12-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #9
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I've been thinking about this. Has anyone had an old fashion plain vanilla cold or flu in the past two years?
I have not but I know some folks at work who have.

Apparently the measures taken to help stop COVID from spreading are really effective at stopping the common cold and the flu.

Old 12-29-2021, 08:15 AM   #10
Lucille
Apparently I was exposed at Christmas, and started having symptoms two days ago, so this is the second time I have actually had Covid. I too think that this time it was Omicron.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!