Alittle adivce please.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2005, 02:49 AM   #1
mkrherps
Question Alittle adivce please..

Hello. i just woke up around 1 am and i looked in my leo cage and there where 2 eggs in the egg laying chamber, so i carfully toke them to my incubator, and placed them in moist vermilculite and i put the temp to around 86 to 88 degress. somewhere inbetween that. is this a good temp? or lower it? im not worried on there sexes when born. i just want to make sure the temp is ok. so i can have my first leos born. Thanks alot. also is it true after the first week. you raise the temp and you will get brighter colors? like instead of a dull tang, a brighter one... is this true? some people say so....

kyle

Old 02-19-2005, 02:56 AM   #2
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrherps
Hello. i just woke up around 1 am and i looked in my leo cage and there where 2 eggs in the egg laying chamber, so i carfully toke them to my incubator, and placed them in moist vermilculite and i put the temp to around 86 to 88 degress. somewhere inbetween that. is this a good temp? or lower it? im not worried on there sexes when born. i just want to make sure the temp is ok. so i can have my first leos born. Thanks alot. also is it true after the first week. you raise the temp and you will get brighter colors? like instead of a dull tang, a brighter one... is this true? some people say so....

kyle
the temps are fine

88 will produce males, eggs would hatch in about 35-45 days
86 should produce a mix, but you'd get more males

at 88-86 the babies will be pretty bright, higher temps equals higher color, but i would not mess around with the temps as you would get some deformaties, just keep it at eaither of those temps till they hatch

Old 02-19-2005, 02:59 AM   #3
robin d.
if you want a more even sex ratio 84-86 will yeild the best results of both male and female

Old 02-19-2005, 03:03 AM   #4
robin d.
and BTW

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................

congrats on your eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2005, 05:15 AM   #5
leaftail
um, robin, did you fall asleep with your head on the keyboard again...

Old 02-19-2005, 05:19 AM   #6
Manhattan Herps
LOL, i think robin may have had a bit too much to drink >.> LOL

Old 02-19-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
Gregg M
Also, if this is your females first time laying eggs do not be dissapointed if the eggs are duds..... Usually the first clutch is infertile..... No worries though.... You will get two more in 2 to 3 weeks that will have a much better chance of being fertile......

Old 02-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #8
robin d.
Quote:
um, robin, did you fall asleep with your head on the keyboard again...
maybe
Quote:
LOL, i think robin may have had a bit too much to drink >.> LOL
chances are, yes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!