Change to mobile device appearance/format? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:26 PM   #1
nickolasanastasiou
Change to mobile device appearance/format?

Until very recently (around 24 hours, give or take), the appearance of the site's classifieds sections was the same as that when viewed on my desktop computer. In the last day, it looks like the presentation as viewed on my phone is significantly different. Things are larger. Information immediately shown is less, for lack of a better word, rich. Is information being presented differently to mobile devices now? I thought it was just me (and I am full of self-doubt) at first, but another member just asked me about it and that leads me to believe this is probably not a coincidentally shared hallucination.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:28 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Also, it looks like side ads vanished on my phone's version.

I will take and post some screenshots in a bit.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:34 PM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
Desktop view for me. Browser is Firefox. Mobile view for me. Browser is Chrome.

I am mostly just wondering if something has been changed.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2020, 12:23 AM   #4
WebSlave
My programmer is working on trying to make this site more mobile friendly.

Naturally I am interested in hearing feedback from as many people as possible whether the changes are a step in the right direction or not.

Personally, I do not use my phone for my general internet access, so I am not going to be seeing the changes myself. I'll be damned if I am going to give up a full sized keyboard and my 28" 4K screen for all the internet stuff I do every day. So I really do need the feedback from all of you about this. This mobile stuff will not make a bit of difference to me in the least. But my programmer tells me I really NEED to do this, so here we are.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:31 AM   #5
Brokbakman
You can go to your settings and place it into desktop mode and you'll be able to view it like before. I wish I could take credit but I am technology disabled and my tech savvy girlfriend showed me. I prefer the desk top mode .

Old 01-28-2020, 06:12 AM   #6
NCVenom
I personally liked the old way better. But that's just me.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:46 AM   #7
Beyond GenetiX
I only use my phone or iPad, I don’t own a computer. I had to request a desktop site, I was as lost as last years Easter eggs.😅

Old 01-28-2020, 07:13 AM   #8
Logician
There are now 2 versions of the site: Desktop and Mobile versions.

When you visit forum with a normal computer (or some large screen tablets), you'll get desktop version which is the normal skin you were always getting.

If you visit the forum with a mobile device with a smaller screen (iphone, android phone etc.), mobile version will load, and site appearance will fit to your screen so that you don't need to scroll right or left to read. If you still prefer desktop version even if you are in mobile, you can do that in one of these ways:
1- Open your mobile browser menu and click "request for destop version". Most mobile browsers have such an option and if you click it, normal desktop version will load for you even if you are on mobile.
2- Scroll bottom of the page, find section that says "All times are GMT xxx. The time now is xxxx." and at the end of that line you'll see a link for "DESKTOP VERSION", click on it, and desktop version will load for you.

Mobile version is lighter on graphics etc so that it can fit to your screen. So it misses some features desktop version has (eg. user avatars are not displayed in posts, image attachments require clicking to open etc.). This has to be that way because mobile screens are small and we need to omit some info for these screens to display them in a readable format.

Likewise some sections are repositioned as mobile screens can't have "columns" which scoll the page to left. For instance ads on the left, is now in the bottom of every page.

This is basically how mobile skins work. You prevent users to scroll left-right in their phones in their small sceens, you place content from top to bottom so that scrolling only occurs vertically.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #9
NCVenom
Ahh much better. Thank you for your help.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #10
Kfen
I was going crazy, glad I found this thread. While I'm sure over time I would get used to the mobile view and find some benefits, the fact that I have to click on every image to view it will always stop me from using the mobile version.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!