California reptile club? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
darkbloodwyvern
California reptile club?

If anyone in Redding or Humboldt county is interested, i am trying to start a reptile group with another person who moved to Cresent City from Sacramento. if you are interested, please sign up on my yahoo group for the club:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/humboldtherps/

We want to have guest speakers, rescue and rehoming, and fun events for herp owners and lovers. If you aren't in the area but you think you may ever stop by Eureka, CA sign up and see what happens anyways! We are an hour or so away from the Oregon border if you've never been here. I would love to see any fauan folks at a meeting. here's hoping this gets off the ground, thanks!
~jessi

Old 03-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
dfherrera
Good luck with the club. I would love to have one here in New Jersey so please keep us posted as this progresses.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:55 AM   #3
darkbloodwyvern
Talking can do!

so far it is a pain in the butt! I was hoping the first person putting up fliers who i contacted would be more "in charge" but he doesn't have a computer and can't network as well as i can. add to that the fact that half of the people signed up are about two hours away and most don't seem like they can make it to meets on a general basis. i am getting ready to put up fliers at my college to see if anymore local people are interested. if you like organizing things it's great but i am generally more avoidant of leadership roles...

Old 03-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #4
boybronco
Anyone know of any clubs in the southern california (particularly los angeles) area?

I'd love to get into one!

Old 03-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #5
boybronco
Sorry, cant edit post.

If anyone knows a place to "Look up" reptile clubs like on a website I'd also appreciate that information.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:40 AM   #6
Wilomn
www.swhs.org is, I think, the Southwester Herpetological Society. They used to meet the first wednesday of the month in the rec. center at No. Hollywood Park.

There is also a San Gabriel/Pasadena Chapter and a couple of other groups who I can't think of but are affiliated.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:21 AM   #7
boybronco
Thanks, I'll try and get to oen of those. unfortunately they're North Los angeles and I'm in Southern Los angeles, but I might be able to venture out there

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!