Battery gnomes? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
Cat_72
Angry Battery gnomes?

Why is it, that no matter how many packages of batteries I buy......no matter how well I hide them....no matter if I just installed some of those brand new shiny full-of-life batteries in the item I need to use 2 days ago....

THERE ARE NEVER ANY GOOD BATTERIES TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE IN MY HOUSE?????

Now, I have asked my children, and of course they couldn't possibly be the ones responsible. They have NEVER left the flashlight on and ran the batteries dead, nor borrowed my rechargables for their IPods without asking (and in turn lost them), nor have they even seen any of the brand new unopened packages that were once hidden in the very back of the kitchen cupboard inside the roaster that I use only at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The only reasonable explanation is some sort of evil battery gnomes that draw great pleasure from stealing my batteries, or replacing them with dead ones and sitting back giggling as I throw a tantrum tearing the house apart trying to find them when I need them.

Anyone have a good gnome repellant (or case of fresh batteries)?????

Old 05-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #2
romad119
I think you mean gremlins? Gnomes are usually portrayed as helpful. Lol. Maybe you need some to scare off the gremlins. While they do that, the keebler elves can make you some cookies.

My thing with batteries is I always assume something must take one kind so I go purchase in quantity, only to return to find it was a different size I needed.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
Cat_72
Hm, Ok, maybe it IS gremlins. And maybe the helpful gnomes are ticked because I've been blaming them.

I DID buy a package of Keebler Dunkin Delights cheesecake flavored cookies yesterday, and there are elves right on the package, do you suppose that will help?

Old 05-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
frankykeno
Ummm what was the question again??? I lsort of spaced out right after you mentioned "cheesecake flavored cookies".

Old 05-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankykeno
Ummm what was the question again??? I lsort of spaced out right after you mentioned "cheesecake flavored cookies".

Yeah, the elves on the package haven't helped much, but eating some of the cookies made me feel better.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72

Anyone have a good gnome repellant (or case of fresh batteries)?????
I have a dog shock collar you could use on the kids. You could call it a "lie detector". When they say they don't know anything about them, press the button and say "you're lying".

Old 05-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
Cat_72
I love the way you think Bill.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
romad119
and then one day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
I have a dog shock collar you could use on the kids. You could call it a "lie detector". When they say they don't know anything about them, press the button and say "you're lying".
you wake up and find its on you now. lol. I didn't even know they made cheesecake cookies. hmmm.... (runs out to car)

Old 05-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
you wake up and find its on you now. lol. I didn't even know they made cheesecake cookies. hmmm.... (runs out to car)
Not at my house, I have a safe for the batteries and the remote.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
fuscusking13
If it were me I would keep the batteries in the car, and hide dead ones all over the house so they keep taking them and getting pissed they dont work. But you have to hide the dead ones really well so they have to put alot of effort into nothing. Other than that the shock collar is a really great idea, just get the little white flags next to the batteries and if they get close they will get nailed. Good luck! Dan M.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!