Here's my weight...guess my age! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2016, 11:31 PM   #21
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
Based on the pics, I don't see banana.
I would say Lesser/Butter Enchi, or Lesser/Butter pastel. I don't think it has hypo, but I don't deal with hypos personally, so I couldn't say for sure.
I was thinking an enchi lesser too. Hard to tell with some morphs unless you have really good lighting.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:41 PM   #22
ClarkT
Banana Lesser is what I see. Most likely a 2015, but as others have stated, just a guess.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #23
Dovetail
Clark, looking at the male lesser pinstripe banana/coral glow you have posted on facebook, I can see why you think so. The coloration is spot on. What a lovely boy you have there!

FMI, why is banana/coral glow back slashed? Are these traits the same? Related? Is it an either/or because of his parents' genes? My goal is to get this all down ASAP. Ignorance isn't bliss: it's danged irritating.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #24
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
FMI, why is banana/coral glow back slashed? Are these traits the same? Related? Is it an either/or because of his parents' genes? My goal is to get this all down ASAP. Ignorance isn't bliss: it's danged irritating.
It is because, although some believe they are different, Banana & Coral Glow are the same gene (morph).

Old 06-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #25
Pasodama
BTW To explain the two different names ...
Two different breeders first had them at around the same time/Era and, individually, came up with two different names.
Edit to add: It was, later, discovered that Banana & Coral Glow were the same thing. Tried and agreed to.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:38 PM   #26
Big Borg Reptiles
It's also debatable that butter and lesser are the same thing. Not sure if there's been any definitive decision but I personally don't see a difference.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:03 PM   #27
ClarkT
It's what Pasodama said... they're the same gene.
Butter and Lesser are the same gene. Some might argue, but that's because they like to argue...
There are quite a few out there that are just duplicates of another gene... But whichever. The reason I backslashed it is because it's the same gene.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #28
Dovetail
Gotcha. So one could argue that butter is what you have when lesser results in a high yellow animal, rather than a browner version of the lesser gene?

Old 06-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #29
blbballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
Gotcha. So one could argue that butter is what you have when lesser results in a high yellow animal, rather than a browner version of the lesser gene?
Not exactly. It is more like both versions express a range of coloration that overlaps exactly. Also, both versions react the same with other genes and combos. So, given the evidence is the same in both cases it is safely assumed, barring genetic testing or some disparate as yet unseen results, that lesser and butter are the same gene given 2 different names by 2 different companies that each wanted the right to name something new.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:26 PM   #30
Dovetail
Ah! Like ghost and hypo, banana and coral glow. What other morphs do you know of that have different names?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!