Soul suckers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-24-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
robert7107
Soul suckers

My friend swears that a soul sucker is from breeding a hidden gene woma to a lesser....
World.of ball pythons says differently..
They say it's a granite ,lesser to a hidden gene woma. Who is right??

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Old 09-24-2016, 10:54 PM   #2
Randy F
When they were first produced they thought the granite was attached to the hidden gene woma. Later they realized it was not. I personally have hidden gene womas with and without granite. This is the reason you do not see a hidden gene woma lesser on wobp. Most people would rather bypass and move on over realizing they made a mistake. So bottom line is you are both correct.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:45 AM   #3
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
When they were first produced they thought the granite was attached to the hidden gene woma. Later they realized it was not. I personally have hidden gene womas with and without granite. This is the reason you do not see a hidden gene woma lesser on wobp. Most people would rather bypass and move on over realizing they made a mistake. So bottom line is you are both correct.
So basically, hidden gene woma x lesser is a soul sucker, you don't need the granite in there at all. It was a screw up by the original breeder who didn't actually know what genetics he was working with, and hasn't ever bothered to go back and fix it.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
Randy F
Originally Kevin believed it was linked which would have meant that a soul sucker did or didn't include granite. It is very hard to tell in some if it is there or is not. The little dots behind the head is the only sign in some. I have one of Kevin's original hgwgyb males and it is so high white sides, you cannot tell it's there. I produced a hgwg fire years ago and was able to tell it was there. It was not a deliberate misconception, it was believed. In this aspect you can say a soul sucker does include granite and a hgw lesser is unnamed, or vice versa. Either way they virtually look the same in many examples.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #5
Big Borg Reptiles
I suppose you could make that argument. I think in general, the "look" that people think of when they think of a soul sucker is achieved with just the lesser x hgw, and granite is just an extra gene in there. That's just my opinion.

I didn't mean to imply that he did it intentionally, just that he didn't know and never went back to correct it. A lot of the guys who are working with the cutting edge stuff move on to the next thing so quickly that they just don't bother with pairings they did 5 years ago. Which is completely understandable, but unfortunate for people down the line who are trying to figure out what's going on.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #6
Randy F
That's exactly what happens. Watch any of his videos and he calls then "thingy" or "whatchmacallit" type stuff so he can stay on top of combos. Others do it as well. Deceptive, yes......but good business, yes. Big difference of people who make their entire living off this vice hobbiests. Smaller wants everyone to know what they did oppose to wanting people to only be able to buy it from you for a season or two.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:12 PM   #7
robert7107
Ya I watched that video and still ponder what the hell...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!