What size rats do you feed your adult female balls? POLL - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: What size rats do you feed your adult female balls(approximate weight)
Small(40-70 grams) 24 41.38%
Medium(71-100 grams) 12 20.69%
Large(100-150 grams) 15 25.86%
Larger(150 grams+) 7 12.07%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #31
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Im only going to jump in this thread like this , one time. so lets make it pleasant and continue the thread normally without any bickering.

Jake is good people.

Gib is definitely a guy who knows what he is doing Jamie ( if you are referencing the picture that jake posted from him with your quote "Nice try Jake. Just because it is done, doesn't mean its the right thing for the animal. ")
And, i trust him 100% over... many for advice on feeding issues and anything else regarding the wellbeing of ball pythons in general.
Dang good guy and definitely wouldnt give them anything they could not handle. he is one person, who KNOWS what he is doing.
Well because you said so, it MUST be true...

Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #32
jglass38
Ball Pythons have slow metabolisms. Ball Pythons are known to go off feed to "catch up" when they are overfed. There is not a SINGLE good reason to feed Ball Pythons anything bigger than a small rat. Rabbits? Just ridiculous.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #33
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Ball Pythons have slow metabolisms. Ball Pythons are known to go off feed to "catch up" when they are overfed. There is not a SINGLE good reason to feed Ball Pythons anything bigger than a small rat. Rabbits? Just ridiculous.

Actually, i know it to be true. I think you need to take a step into chat. I will not continue this here. If you have a problem with that, you can also use the PM system. but No more on this thread, it is uncalled for and unneeded.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #34
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Actually, i know it to be true. I think you need to take a step into chat. I will not continue this here. If you have a problem with that, you can also use the PM system. but No more on this thread, it is uncalled for and unneeded.
I'm actually in a chat right now. Feel free to come join in.

Link to Chat

Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #35
Laura Fopiano
Wow, I just love all of the so called self imposed internet experts on the feeding of prey sizes....good lord people take a valium and go sit in a hot tub....y'all need to relax.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #36
Jake The Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Wow, I just love all of the so called self imposed internet experts on the feeding of prey sizes....good lord people take a valium and go sit in a hot tub....y'all need to relax.
Lmao, You rock Laura!!!

Why refer us to all of the people that the small rat thing started with Jamie. You stepped onto Fauna, continue it here or let it die by knowing that there is more than one correct way to do it. Isn't that what I was trying to say repeatedly when I was told basically that I am wrong?

Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #37
shrap
Folks, if there is one thing I have learned in over 25 years of keeping reptiles it is that there is not a single right way to do anything.

Any person that insists that there is only one right way of doing anything is the last person anyone should be listening to.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #38
Gib
LOL All my big fat happy Ball Pythons must not have read jamies care guide to Ball python husbandry

all i can say is after 8 years of keeping a Large collection is that all my BPs thrive and grow nicely with eating those large meals,even if went by the girth rule i dont have Anything over 6 months old that would eat anything smaller than medium rats and as far as Bps having slow metabolism and fasting to "catch up" as you put it,is completely off base...My animals eat every 7-10 days with VERY few exceptions (either in shed or lower temps for breeding)

And even on this "ridiculous" feeding schedule they thrive and produce very nicely and none are obese..just good hardy well feeding animals

Old 10-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #39
HerpLuver
Yeh, Gib is bad with herps. He took my dwarf boa and made him FAT! He's so obese now i need Jenny Craig for my boa!! Darn you Gib, DARN YOU!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #40
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib
LOL All my big fat happy Ball Pythons must not have read jamies care guide to Ball python husbandry

all i can say is after 8 years of keeping a Large collection is that all my BPs thrive and grow nicely with eating those large meals,even if went by the girth rule i dont have Anything over 6 months old that would eat anything smaller than medium rats and as far as Bps having slow metabolism and fasting to "catch up" as you put it,is completely off base...My animals eat every 7-10 days with VERY few exceptions (either in shed or lower temps for breeding)

And even on this "ridiculous" feeding schedule they thrive and produce very nicely and none are obese..just good hardy well feeding animals
Congratulations!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!