Het Clown Markers - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #21
TheReptileEnthusiast
Dustin, the normals you posted above look like hets based on the criteria I use to pick out het clowns from a het to het breeding. Adding another morph to the equation muddies things up and makes it harder to see, but I would guess your pastel is a het as well, although I'm not as sure as I am with the normals.

What do I look for? I think everyone should develop thier own method based on trial and error. Posting a formula for picking hets on the internet only devalues the possible hets that don't have the markers, and gives dishonest individuals the info they need to pass off normals as hets or possible hets as 100% hets. The markers I look for are of course only useful in deciding which possible hets I would hold back or purchase. They can very easily be present in normals or morph non hets, and even pop up in the non hets from a het to het breeding.

There is one way to pick a 100% het. Use a visual in the pairing.

To the OP, I haven't noticed the yellow markings in my 100% hets.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #22
dustinNMpythons
I agree Jacob but I don't think it will raise or lower sales on possible hets because when you buy a possible het you know your taking a gamble. I can see people putting in their ads het clown markers like what happened with the pied gene but it will easily be dismissed when you ask them if there was a visual produced in the clutch.

I'm not sure what is going on with the yellow on the bellies, could be nothing or could be something to mess around with, I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen anything like this.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #23
TheReptileEnthusiast
The pied comparison is exactly what I am getting at. There are many people who will not buy a possible het pied unless it has markers, so the ones without markers are hard to sell. This is the case even though it is proven that many het pied do not have the marker.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #24
dustinNMpythons
I hear ya, I just think it would be nice to be able to have a "guide" to picking the best shot at proving them out.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #25
scratchypen
My het clowns dont have yellow bellies. One thing I can attest to with both my het clowns though is that they have a brown head and dont look normal. Both mine have greying on their belly and the female has intense blushing and looks almost like a ghost sometimes, the male just looks really grey.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #26
HerpVenue
the yellowish tinge on the belly and the neck stripe is relegated to the animals in you guy's colony. Not all het clowns have the neck stripe or the yellow tinged belly.

think about it.

To the guy who says he got clowns from two different lines. You sure it is really not the same "line"; For example if you get a clown from guy A and a clown from guy B. Are you sure guy B did not get his clowns from guy A?

To the guy that produced 30 hets. How many clowns did you use to produce those 30 hets with? If you used multiple clowns.... did you get those clowns from the same person?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #27
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpVenue View Post
To the guy that produced 30 hets. How many clowns did you use to produce those 30 hets with? If you used multiple clowns.... did you get those clowns from the same person?
2 clown males and 3 morph females and 2 normals.
The TSK clown males are father and son.
None of the females are related except the two yb girls are sisters.

Simple to disprove, as I said earlier..."I'd love to see if someone has 100% het clowns that don't have the neck stripe."

I find it strange that every single het and co-dom het I threw has a gold neck stripe, I don't believe that "the line of clown" has anything to do with it.

Quote:
think about it.
Better yet search google images if you don't think it's a marker.
Every single het I see on there including spider hets and others have that gold stripe...coincidence?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #28
snakemansnakes
This is an interesting topic. I'll go check my hets about the yellow ob their bellies and the neck stripe thingy.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #29
snakemansnakes
Nope. None of mine have the yellow on their bellies. They do have some striping though. 0.2 100% hets and 1.0 Cinnamon 100% het.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #30
snakesRkewl
Very much what I expected to see, beautiful snakes that show the same exact markers, coincidence?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!