Liesen Line Trick is not a Dom, it's a Codom... Super Trick - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
Vittoamp
This is what I got as a reply after emailing Kevin Winter some questions:

"The parents are a normal and a black pastel. I think Gary Liesen still has them but I do not have any pics. It is possible that the first mutation started in these snakes.

It appears that the codom gene for trick makes yellow just like the codom gene for yellow belly makes ivory. As we know, many codoms make variations of white snakes which still blows my mind. I am sooo glad that a super trick is not a white snake.

I am betting that the yellow in the super trick is xanthism. My trick lesser has much more yellow than a lesser and I bet a super trick lesser wil be a very yellow animal."

Old 02-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #22
john33
Hey Big your right Barnharts line is very similar, and making sick combs. But still untapped as far as potential. Vitto... axanthic means absence of yellow pigment. That pastel is not a super trick. IMO

Old 02-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #23
pythonpaintjobs
super trick = every pastel in my collection

Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #24
Vittoamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by john33 View Post
Hey Big your right Barnharts line is very similar, and making sick combs. But still untapped as far as potential. Vitto... axanthic means absence of yellow pigment. That pastel is not a super trick. IMO

The word is xanthism, not axanthic.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #25
Double B Reptiles
sounds and looks to me like the trick is heterozygous for a form of recessive pastel (xanthism) if that truly is the "super" trick.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #26
amos1974
I have a close friend that has a female LLT. when he got it several months ago he was told by Gary that the super form looked like a Pastel.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #27
john33
Well conscense is super trick=pastel form. Guess i'm alittle disappointed at this stage. Hopefully additional genes will prove more visual results.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #28
Vittoamp
It may look like a pastel. But I was told that it's getting brighter and richer as it gets older. So it doesn't behave like a pastel, which tend to brown out.

Also here's the history of how Gary got the Trick and what his plans were. He posted this in 2010:

http://forums.kingsnake.com/viewarch...61614&key=2010

Old 02-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #29
snakemansnakes
Well I guess I'll have to second guess about myself getting into the LLT craze now. Major disappointment.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #30
MrBig
That is one of the threads I was q uoting, I am not sure that a pastel like super is good for the future market of this morph. I guess time will tell if there are any must have combos from this.
I am not surprised that harald isn't impressed, way too many spots for him.
I think the Barnhart line is onto something with his YB Black pastel crosses, whereas the leisen line has focused on isolation of the trick from the black pastel. While I prefer the direction barnhart has taken, I can appreciate the contribution of both projects. I plan to pickup a BP YB from Tom in the next year or so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!