What's your favorite ball python morph? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: My favorite morph:
Albinos 26 7.78%
Blue or Black eyed Leucistics 43 12.87%
Piebalds 109 32.63%
Axanthics 9 2.69%
Spiders 16 4.79%
Mojaves 17 5.09%
Clowns 14 4.19%
Pastels 10 2.99%
Pearls 1 0.30%
Ivories 4 1.20%
Cinnamons 5 1.50%
Ghosts 11 3.29%
Pinstripes 5 1.50%
Bumblebees 40 11.98%
Other 24 7.19%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2004, 02:16 PM   #11
Sand&SunReptile
I also voted for Ghosts. They are just very beautiful, and the key to a lot of morphs.
I think True Ghosts are going to be crazy...

Old 12-05-2004, 05:37 PM   #12
CornNut
I hadn't thought about the true ghosts (axanthic + hypomelanistic) for a while. They where one of my favorite corn snake morphs and I look forward to seeing how they turn out in ball pythons. Could be a nice shot in the arm for axanthic lines. The existing ghost combos already boosted ghost the last few years. Do lots of people have a shot at true ghost this year? Hopefully this will be the year they get it done.

How about a belly pic of those fireballs?

Thanks!

Old 12-06-2004, 06:40 PM   #13
lilroach56
Lesser Platinums
Platty Daddy's
Butters
Pastaves

Old 12-09-2004, 12:30 PM   #14
Sand&SunReptile
I think that the very strong lines, like the VPI line of axanthic will get a lot stronger with the true ghosts trying to be made. Since all the "ghosts" offered for sale are actually Hypomelanistic, but a lot of breeders are calling them hypo's now, not ghosts.
I know there are breeders who want to breed for True Ghosts, but I'm not sure if anybody has got a breeding sized pair of DH's yet. I would bet NERD, The Barkers, Ralph Davis, The Southerlands, Morph King Reptiles, maybe Corey Woods, and some others I can't think of have DH's. I am really not sure, I just can't wait to see a true ghost. Should be amazing.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:51 AM   #15
BallPyFan
What? I can only vote for one?? But there are so many pretty ones!

Old 12-14-2004, 10:07 AM   #16
Sand&SunReptile
I know. I had to go with Hypomel just because I love all the combinations that they can provide.
Spider Ghost
Pastel Ghost
I would love to see a Pewter Spider though...

Old 12-28-2004, 01:48 AM   #17
Sand&SunReptile
I was considering the morph potential in making some designer morph.
I think that maybe a Burgandy Albino will be insane.
In my mangled mess of a brain, I think that a burgandy albino would leave a red instead of yellow for colored pigmentation. Atleast red hues. But then again, that is just me.
Does anybody have any ideas on what would result from a Burgandy (of proven genetic origin) and Albinos would result in. I am talking long run, not the first season when you'd produce double heterozygous animals.
I can only wonder what the double homozygous form of a Burgandy Albino will look like, and wondering is all I can do, since my budget cannot afford to buy burgandies and albinos to try.

Old 12-28-2004, 12:35 PM   #18
lucky8926
My favorite wasn't listed. I like the carmel albinos. I noticed as of now that piebald is winning. I'm not a big fan of these. They look like there is something wrong with them, like their skin is falling off or they have been scarred. The first time I saw one thats what I thought and then I saw the price and I thought "why would someone pay that much money for a snake with scars all over it!" Little did I know.....

Old 12-28-2004, 01:51 PM   #19
Sand&SunReptile
Have you ever seen one in person? They are very beautiful, and you would notice immediately that it isnt a scarring issue. The scales are very prominent. Pieds are one of the nicest single morphs I have personally seen in Ball Pythons. Just not my favorite.

Old 12-28-2004, 02:31 PM   #20
Scarlett_Fawn
I used to think piebalds were kind of ugly too (like half grubs-half snakes), but my opinion on that has changed a great deal and I will probably be getting some when the weather warms up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!