Which is the better calculator - MorphMarket or WOBP? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #1
Labwork
Which is the better calculator - MorphMarket or WOBP?

Hi fauna folks,
Sorry for another question so soon, but I was experimenting with genetic calculators and noticed varying results between the two. Is there a general preference between Morph Market and World of Ball Pythons? Is one more up to date/accurate, or a commonly used alternative?

I attached two of the ones that have me confused, one with different morph results and the other with different percentages (and one morph difference).

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Robert Walker
So in your first example, WOBP apparently has a glitch, it is forcing "Het. Piebald" to be actual "Pied". So it is giving all offspring "het.piebald" which is not right. In this case, WOBP loses.

In the second example, they are both saying the same thing. Sure one rounds up the % some but the results are the same.

To answer your question, I prefer WOBP. I enjoy seeing the gene make up of the animals versus the fad slang name of the time.
Morph Market's naming: Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreo Blizzard <-------- not as helpful to me as simply stating "Black Pastel Calico Yellowbelly".

Old 01-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
Labwork
Got it, thank you for the clarification! I think having the ‘slang’ vs the gene makeup was throwing me off too. Are there any other known glitches (like the pied one) that could affect the results?

Old 01-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Pied vs. Het. Pied in the past wasn't a glitch, perhaps it is a temporary one. I've never seen it before and am not aware of other known ones. I enjoy WOBP more because they have pictures associated with just about any combo too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!