is this a desparate business in need of funds? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #91
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
We just need to make sure we do the things we do for the right reasons.
And what better reason is there then to support one's family Bill?

Griz

Old 08-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #92
Ed Clark
bob,it seems that your only reason to post on this thread is to support MKR and the way they went about selling their 06 production.listen when 99% of the sellers are selling at 10,000.and someone pops up with a price of say 5000. people are going to be pissed off at the low ball seller,even thought the low ball seller thinks he has the better marketing plan.people will still be pissed off .
they now have a name for the low ball seller,PRICE CRUSHER.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #93
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
bob,it seems that your only reason to post on this thread is to support MKR and the way they went about selling their 06 production.listen when 99% of the sellers are selling at 10,000.and someone pops up with a price of say 5000. people are going to be pissed off at the low ball seller,even thought the low ball seller thinks he has the better marketing plan.people will still be pissed off .
My ONLY reason for posting on this thread Ed is to stop YOUR bs. Ed, read my prior post to Steve. In response to his scenario (much like the one you posed), I stated I can understand being frustrated. However, you have to come to the point where you are either the leader or the follower. I choose the former. This is all part of being in business and you simply have to be smart enough and have the where with all, to make contingency plans.

Where I draw the line is when YOU send out rude and under the right light, threatening emails to people questioning their motivations without having ANY of the facts! Or, coming onto a very public, probably the most active reptile website on the net, and make a post like you did.

Be frustrated all you want but don't you dare garner up the audacity to question my motivations regarding MY animals. The same goes for MKR. They are HIS animals Ed. Plain and simple. Get pissed all you want but adjust. Stop the whining, stop the harassing emails, and get on with developing a better marketing plan to where it's YOU that end up in the lead.

Griz

Old 08-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #94
Griz
Let me add one other thing. There is another thread in this very forum about MKR. In that post, it states that MKR has publically stated that they are out to break the various markets. If this is their stated goal then I will take any and all defenses back regarding them. It's one thing to simply set your prices how you want them. It's a whole different ball game when you are deliberately attacking the market simply for the sake of it.

I still stand 100% by the remainder of my posts about my animals/ my prices and the audacity of those trying to interfere.

Griz

Old 08-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #95
SPJ
I agree Bob.

ANYONE can sell their animals at ANY price they want. I have no problem with that.

What MKR did IMO was a deliberate and calculated move to release a large quantity of animals onto the market at greatly reduced prices to cause a market decline faster than you would normally see.

No one should threaten violence but I also don't feel that they are a business that should be patronized. There is more to buying an animal than low price.

No one is arguing that co-doms will decline in price steadily each year that they are out. That is to be expected. Even recessives will decline the more time they are in the market.

If they listed 5 or 10 I don't think anyone would have said anything. To list over 100 animals at greatly reduced prices all at once, right before Daytona, IMO means they are purposely trying to hurt peoples businesses.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #96
SVT Snake
Well here is my .02 as one of the little guys trying to get started. MKR claims to be trying to help out the little guys by selling at such a low price. They are in fact hurting the little guys more than the big guys with their tactics. I don't have a huge amount of capital to invest to get started, so I save as much as I can to buy what I can afford. It really sucks to spend $3000 on a snake and then two months later it is only worth half that. There isn't that much depreciation in new cars. Between this little stunt and the whole TSE fiasco it really leaves a bad taste.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:35 AM   #97
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
To list over 100 animals at greatly reduced prices all at once, right before Daytona, IMO means they are purposely trying to hurt peoples businesses.
And therein lies the question. Motivation. If it's simply to have a negative impact on the market then I agree with your stance. If it's a private breeder and they are pricing their animals based upon their needs then it's a whole different story.

Griz

Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #98
Ed Clark
Mkr ,bringing It Back To The People.hahaha

Derek,i agree with you 100% i bought into the mojaves 2 years ago and paid $5000.00 each .females are not yet big enought to breed,but have produced a few by breeding to normal females.i started this thread,questioning mkr's business practices,not every low ball seller out there.in a free market economy they are entitled to sell at what ever price that they choose to.i do not have to agree or like it that also is my choice and opionion.mkr's logic was flawed,in the fact that they were telling people what a good investment the mojaves were at say 5000.00,then turning around and having total disregard to what they were telling people and not having any respect for the tens of thousands of dollars that were invested in these snakes.and yes when you are spending many thousands of dollars it is no longer a hobby.it is a serious investment.

Bob,you seem to have taken this as an attack on you.it is not.i disagree with your low ball selling tactics.but you are entitled to sell your boas at whatever price you desire.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #99
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Bob,you seem to have taken this as an attack on you.it is not.i disagree with your low ball selling tactics.but you are entitled to sell your boas at whatever price you desire.
Interesting comment because I disagree with your price gouging selling tactics. But, you are entitled to sell (or at least advertise) your animals at whatever price you desire.

Griz

Old 08-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #100
Ed Clark
Bob,its Interesting That You Would Accuse Me Of Price Gouging,i Set My Prices At A Little Below What I Think The Current Market Is.and It Is Working Out Real Well That Way.i Do Produce Some Never Before Seen Bp Morphs.pricing Is Quite High On Those,but They Always Sell.must Be Doing Something Right.and Thank You For Allowing Me To Sell At Whatever Prices I Desire.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!