Selective spider breeding - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #51
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf
The 'bounce' is a wobble--the trait becomes more pronounced when the animals are in hunting mode.

And not a bounce of the head IE tipping it down as they are moving, as i saw in the videos as well.. bounce of tense muscles as the snake may move forward, or from somone jarring the tub/feeding tank/enclosure at feeding time. All snakes get this when they are tense and in the s curve to strike. if you open a tub and they make the s curve with their neck, they will bounce from the movement of the tub.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #52
WingedWolf
Where did you watch her video? I do not see a link, lol...

I don't think that everyone who says their spider doesn't wobble is just missing it, either--I said that SOME of them probably are. Particularly when you get folks who have a really huge collection with a lot of spiders in it, and say that none of them wobble.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #53
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:

I don't think that everyone who says their spider doesn't wobble is just missing it, either--I said that SOME of them probably are. Particularly when you get folks who have a really huge collection with a lot of spiders in it, and say that none of them wobble.

she posted the links in chat. She will post them later i am sure

Old 09-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #54
WingedWolf
There's a chat? *starts hunting*

Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #55
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
There's a chat? *starts hunting*

Top Green bars. Says chat, and sometimes has a number with yellow surrounding it. that shows how many people are in the chat room at a time.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:05 AM   #56
Mooing Tricycle
I got video ( crappy quality, and lighting) of my spider being moved around. He did not appreciate it one bit. but, so that i can show what i am saying about my guy not wobbling.

I will get feeding stuff asap!

Old 09-29-2007, 02:44 AM   #57
LadyOhh
I do not want to publically post my video at this point, but if you would like to see it, please PM me.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #58
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:

I own over 30 python regius, in addition to SD & Madu Retics. My collections are pampered pets first- they all have names & are handled frequently.

I saw the video Correy Woods posted (in another forum) of the male Spider someone sent him- lots of cork-screwing & wobble. My female Spider has not ever shown any of those behaviors even on a minor scale. She doesn't freak out when prey touches her nose, she doesn't "bounce" when hunting.

The breeder I got her from bred her from a wobble free male, a very nice snake. So that's 2 generations... does it mean my girl is in the clear? Only time will tell. But I do stand by what I said- not all Spiders wobble. Hopefully we can control it with selective breeding, we'll only find out for sure by trying & seeing what happens.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:49 AM   #59
Wolfy-hound
If someone will remind me in about a week or two, I'll try to get video of my wobble girl.. umm wobbling.
She wobbles very badly, and was sold to me as a 100% healthy snake.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #60
jglass38
I still believe that all Spiders show some sort of "wobble". I use the term because it has been most used in this thread. It can be something as drastic as flipping over on its back, something less drastic as a little shake in the head or as subtle as a slight head tilt when sitting still. Its really up to the breeder to decide which ones should be bred and which shouldn't. Unfortunately, as shown by a multitude of BOI threads, there are quite a few unscrupulous people out there that will not only breed the worst of the spinners, but sell them to people as perfectly fine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!