SOLD!! 2 male Western hybrid Hermanns tortoises - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 05-26-2021, 09:08 PM   #1
chasingturtles
2 male Western hybrid Hermanns tortoises

I have 2 male Western hybrid Herman’s tortoises available. Both are 6 inches and

are actively breeding and approximately 9 years old. I am asking $500 each

plus shipping if you are interested. I ship overnight through FedEx.

You are also welcome to pickup locally.

For any additional info you can call or text (209)688-9260

Email [alondradeltortoise@gmail.com]
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-27-2021, 10:19 PM   #2
HoosierTorts
Which locale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-29-2021, 08:06 AM   #3
GBtortoises
Based on the identifying features in the photos shown these are Eastern Hermann's, (Testudo hermanni boettgeri), not Westerns, (Testudo hermanni hermanni).

Old 05-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #4
chasingturtles
There western Hermann what make you think there not what features are you taking about Gary bright
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-29-2021, 06:18 PM   #5
method89
They look like hybrids to me. They have spots and gaps in black bands of their plastron

Old 05-29-2021, 07:16 PM   #6
GBtortoises
There are multiple features lacking that would identify them as Westerns. Most obvious is their complete lack of contrasting yellow and black coloration, the inconsistency in the black banding on the plastron, the comparative length of the center scute seams of the pectoral and femoral plastral scutes, the difference in the general shape of the keyhole on the 5th vertebral scute. This is just to name a few. The faded grey coloration on most of the plastral scutes and bridge areas can also be an indication of hybridization. For more detailed information identifying the the differences: https://www.hermannihaven.com/compar...ortoise-subspe

Old 05-30-2021, 01:30 PM   #7
chasingturtles
Interesting I was told by the women I got them from that they were western hermanns and she had them checked out by Chris I’ve read the article does have the key hole I’ll post better pics hybrids I’m not 100% sure I didn’t hatch them so I couldnt say I was told there pure and they are a lot more bright in yellow then my easterns I have I’ll post a pic side to side for comparison
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-30-2021, 02:19 PM   #8
GardenStateTortoise
A friend just alerted me to this.
Possible to share the woman’s name? It wouldn’t be the first time someone claimed that. It also wouldn’t be the first time someone claimed that I gave a positive ID on animals and then offered different ones for sale but still claimed that I gave the ID. And yes, those are without any doubt, hybrids.

Old 05-30-2021, 03:46 PM   #9
chasingturtles
Thanks Chris for your input I was going to reach out to you Today I’ll adjust my post to hybrids still pretty tortoises and very active breeders if anyone is interested in them feel free to contact me (209)688-9260
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-30-2021, 09:23 PM   #10
HoosierTorts
Thanks Gary and Chris. I didn’t want to be called bad names again, lol.

I’d definitely contact Chris before acquiring any “western” Hermann’s in the future. Few people out there I would trust buying an adult from, and both Chris and Gary are in the group. I get eastern’s in that I fear are hybrids and reach out to Chris. I won’t even breed a hybrid to an eastern. They’re only pets. Please consider that with who you sell these to.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!