CAUGHT A TEGU - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
blueboost68
CAUGHT A TEGU

Caught this guy a few days ago he has not shown any kind of aggression or bad behavior.What should I look for before trying to pick him up.

looks like a argentine to me.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
blueboost68
Got a call that there was a huge lizard walking into the river shack where a friend works
and it was this guy .He is not scared of humans at all.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #3
Katiashinkle
Have you put up any ads in your area to try and find his owner? He could be someone's beloved pet, he's certainly well fed!

Old 06-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #4
blueboost68
I have posted on all local reptile fourms, posted on Facebook, and getting ready to make some fliers up to put all around the area that we found him in. I would think that he has to be someone's pet. He is very well fed and is not afraid of people at all. So at this point, it is just a waiting game to see if anyone replies. I am so tempted to reach in and pick him up as he shows no aggression at all, but I know an adult tegu, like him, could do some damage.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
Katiashinkle
Yeah, I would err on the side of caution, you don't want to frighten him and get any nasty scratches or a bite. Maybe just hang out with him on the ground for the time being since you don't know whether or not he likes to be lifted up.

They're kind of difficult to fully support up in the air since they're so huge, even the really tame tegus I used to work with would get wiggly once up in the air and I'd end up with some good scratches on my arms.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:06 PM   #6
blueboost68
I have been going and sitting by his cage he acts as if I am not there. I can see why some like tegus so much.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #7
Katiashinkle
What a fun find haha. Have you fed him anything since you found him?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:00 AM   #8
blueboost68
To be such a big guy he loves fruit.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:06 AM   #9
blueboost68
If no one claims him I am going to build him a 6 by 10 enclosure and try and find him a girl friend.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:39 AM   #10
Alxs202
My Tegu loves mice, rats, chicken livers, chicken heart, blueberries, strawberries but watch the fingers!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!