Wanted: Sulcata tortoise - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 12:03 AM   #1
Tortkeeper
Wanted: Sulcata tortoise

Wanted: Sulcata tortoise

Just about any age, or size. Male or female.
Email with info on your animal(s).
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-17-2004, 12:16 PM   #2
pumax54reptiles
sulcate tortoise

Hello Ryan,
l got ur contact email from http://www.faunaclassifieds.com, so l
decicded to contact you. we are reptiles keepers,our farm is located in
Nigeria, registered and licence under the federal republic of Nigeria Reg
number Nig/0647563Ed and licence number FG/985462021.
we have the wanted sulcata tortoise in the farm

prices are $100 shipping price is $50 each. we can suply you on regular basis.

We ship with DHL cargo flight 2-3 days delivery.
looking forward to hearing from you.
sincerely,
philips Oaikhena
management

Old 02-12-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
sulcatta
Sulcatta

Hey Bob,

Did you ever purchase any sulcattas from Phillip of Rep of Nigeria?

Thanks,
Sulcatta in CO

Old 02-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
ladyroze
Thumbs down Sulcatas from Nigeria

Haven't you heard about the many rip-offs from Nigeria? Check out the BOI. It is totally illegal for them to ship to the U.S. There may be one or two people out there who can do it, but it's not likely this is one of them. If he asks for payment via Western Union, you can be sure it's a rip-off! You're best off sticking with deals within the U.S. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

Old 02-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #5
sulcatta
Rip Offs From Nigeria

Dearest Sandie,

If I had known about the ripoffs in selling tortoises from Nigeria then I would not have asked the question.

I hate to ask you another question but why do they ask for payment via Western Union? Not traceable or non-refundable or what? Thanks, and don't be so critical of people asking questions, if you check my BIO you'll see I am just a new comer.

Old 02-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #6
ladyroze
Nigeria Rip-offs

I apologize if I sounded critical. I did not mean to. I merely meant to warn everyone possible that this has been an ongoing thing for quite some time. I nearly got caught up in it myself. Yes, Once they receive the Western Union payment, there is no way to trace them. Your money is gone, and so are they. You will never receive your tortoise. Because of ticks carrying the heartwater disease found on several tortoises, they can no longer export many species of tortoise to the U.S. Sulcatas, Leopards, and Hingebacks are just a few on the list. Since you are a newcomer, welcome to Fauna! Asking questions is one of the best ways to learn. There are many people here with plenty of experience who can answer your questions. Check my webpage for more info on these scammers from Nigeria - www.turtleloveranch.com

Old 02-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #7
mojo13java
plenty of sulcata to go around

Hello,
I saw this thread and had to comment...
There are many needy sulcatas out there! Every rescue has some that need GOOD homes, not wandering around a house eating carpet and digging in the kitty litter. I say this because I get a lot of people who say "I want one" and they have no idea what they are getting into. A leopard tort that I adopted pooped carpet fibers for over 6 months.
ANyway...
If you have a great setup and know your stuff, I know that Turtlehomes.org and CORR always have sulcatas, but you should check your local rescues first, I mean why ship if you don't have to? You might also try petfinder.com
Good luck
Rachel

Old 02-23-2005, 11:08 PM   #8
sulcatta
Rachel,

I do have a large setup in my protected back yard and a heated shed with all the amenities. I purchased 4 babies years ago, they are all grown now, some weighing in at close to 50 lbs but they turned out to be all males! I need a female before the males hurt each other. They but heads constantly. I'd like to sell or trade off 3 and get 2 or 3 females - ideal.
I submitted applications to those organizations and nothing as yet has come thru...
If you know of anyone in your area, please have them give me a call 970.402.8844
Thanks, Sterling

Old 02-25-2005, 02:20 PM   #9
Lisa3161961
Sulcatas

I have several sulcatas for sale anywhere from age 1-5 various sexes. Email me if interested at lisaannlee@charter.net

Old 02-26-2005, 03:58 PM   #10
BriarpatchHerps
Most importantly you need to be aware of the laws prior to sending payment for any tortoise from outside the US.
1) you must have an import license or know a dealer that does.
2) The United States completely banned the importation of ALL Sulcatas, Leopards and Bells Hingebacks in 2002 due to Bont tick infestations that can infect our livestock with Heartwater disease.
3) Any animal protected under CITES I, CITES II, ESA or Redlist requires approval from the exporting country and approval from the importing country before any transport can take place.

Lastly, when it comes to importing the shipment must contain enough items to make its combined value high enough to justify the exaggerated costs of shipping, permits, inspections on both ends, packing materials and handling charges. A $150 Sulcata would wind up costing you at least $1000 to import.

Closed Thread