Sunbeam Snake ( Xenopeltis unicolor) - Male - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Sunbeam Snake ( Xenopeltis unicolor) - Male

Quick Photos of the new guy.

Got him from JNJ reptiles and i am entirely excited about him! These guys are SO much more beautiful in person.... i dont even think it would be possible for images to capture the beauty that is sunbeam snakes. They rightfully own that name though..... man do they ever!

Now to let him be, and allow him to get acclimated to his new surroundings, and burrowing substrate its HARD to not want to hold this guy... but alas, i must restrain

TOO COOL!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
WOW! What a beauty! Can't wait to see pics of him in his new digs Alicia! What's the temperment like?

Old 08-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon
WOW! What a beauty! Can't wait to see pics of him in his new digs Alicia! What's the temperment like?
Totally Friendly!

He does this funny little hiss every so often after hes been out, for what i think is too long for him * they are easily stressed, so i read* its just a real short quick... snappy hiss. ( there is NO other way to describe it!) You know the sound a snake might make when they lunge at you? * or at least bullsnakes make when they lunge at you pretending to be big? * LOL Its exactly like that.... but no attempting to bite at all. hes actually pretty cool about being held, and seems really really curious about stuff.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
Roy Munson
That guy's incredible, Alicia! I was very tempted by the JnJ ad myself, but I already have too many snakes...

Congrats!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
That guy's incredible, Alicia! I was very tempted by the JnJ ad myself, but I already have too many snakes...

Congrats!

No ways! just buy more racks! LOL theres always room for ONE more.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
theres always room for ONE more.
OMG...how many times have I said that to myself

Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon
OMG...how many times have I said that to myself
it does get to a point where you have to be like... Look. Do you just want it, or do you NEED it. Alot of the time. its all want.

Im trying to be better. Im trying to focus. I want variety, but i also need to stick in some sort of range, as far as size goes ( thats my biggest restraint). Its hard. but i think i can do it! LMAO

Old 08-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
LadyOhh
Too cool, A...

Love those things. I just wish I had the time to get one... or six

Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
devenomized
affinity
phone:
155-23-4444

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
colubrid, sunbeam snake, xenopeltis unicolor