A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #141
multimutts

What snakes do you own?: Currently -- a pueblan milk snake, a ball python, a western hognose and a malagasy giant hognose.

Why do you keep snakes?: I have always found them facinating.

What other animals do you have?: 2 basset hounds, a chihuahua, a golden retriever, a shih tzu, 2 horses, 4 gerbils (which actually started out as snake food, but stayed on as pets)

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: I play the flute, I love video games, I like to read

Anything else to add?: pretty happy most of the time

(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #142
mightymouseec04
AJD Reptiles

What snakes do you own?: 1.3 yellow anacondas, 1.0 green anaconda, 1.2 jungle carpet pythons, 0.1 coastal carpet python, 1.0 jaguar carpet python, Currently also have 2012 1.1 albino burmese pythons

Why do you keep snakes?: I have always been fascinated with reptiles. Had small alagator lizards growing up but wan never allowed to get any snakes so when I was on my own I started my work with them and have enjoyed every minute since. Yellow anacondas are my favorite so far, and all of mine are calm despite their reputations.

What other animals do you have?: I also have a pair of Argentina Black & White Tegus and am looking to get Argus or Yellow monitors. Always open to begin working with any reptile I can.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Biking, skating, sleeping, eating, snowboarding, designing reptile enclosures, driving, working on old cars, swimming, dirt biking, offroading…

Anything else to add?: I am always looking to expand my knowledge/experience with reptiles and am open to any constructive criticism. Like us on the new facebook page and stay updated with current projects http://www.facebook.com/AJDReptiles

(Optional) Picture: See the Facebook page for my reptiles. 

Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #143
samuraiZr0
What snakes do you own?: Boa Constrictors
Why do you keep snakes?:HObby just like any other.. they come in so many colors and varieties!! I've always been a Critter Keeper
What other animals do you have?: 2 dogs 1 cat
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:Games video/card/ games
Anything else to add?:
(Optional) Picture:

Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #144
wsumike87
What snakes do you own?:None atm, but owned a Kenyan Sandboa and saving up for a ball python
Why do you keep snakes?: They are beautiful and powerful creatures that are truely living works of art. I a lover of all things herp.
What other animals do you have?: 2 dogs, 1.2 tang leopard geckos
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Video games, hiking, fishing, bird watching, soccer, too many to count.
Anything else to add?:
(Optional) Picture:

Old 09-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #145
joshjtd
What snakes do you own?: Ball Pythons
Why do you keep snakes?: I have always had various pets. I am an animal lover (even the scalely ones)
What other animals do you have?: Bearded Dragons, leopard gecko, two dogs, and a wife and two kids (they totally count as animals)
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: I am pretty much a huge dork and like gaming, brewing beer, and working on cars.
Anything else to add?: Not really
(Optional) Picture: I am on a work computer and don't want to scar people by showing them my ugly mug.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #146
spyderk
Occupation: Stay-at-home mom (homeschooling mom too and formerly a medical transcriptionist as well)
What snakes do you own?: 4 corn snakes; all 2012 hatchlings, ghost (from PetCo, first snake) and then extreme okeetee, amber, and reverse okeetee (from South Mountain Reptiles).
Why do you keep snakes?: I've always found them to be beautiful, graceful, and strong. They are fascinating. I wasn't allowed to have any reptiles as a kid, however.
What other animals do you have?: One 2-year-old bearded dragon (hypo leatherback) and one 4-year-old female black Lab.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Homeschooling my kids, reading, learning about whatever strikes my fancy that particular month!
Anything else to add?: I have my kids to thank for getting back into reptiles. Even though we hadn't had any until 2010, I always loved them and pointed them out to the kids. My love of them seems to have transferred to all 4 kids. Love it!!!
(Optional) Picture:

This was taken the other day after we found a garter snake! Very fun because it was my first time to hold a wild snake in 20+ years.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #147
spencer451
What snakes do you own?: Aru Green Tree Python
Why do you keep snakes?: fascinating to watch, relatively easy care
What other animals do you have?: Bearded Dragon, Panther Cameleon, numerous dart frogs
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:motorcycles and RVing
Anything else to add?: I enjoy pets that are mainly for display although my Panther I handle daily. I also enjoy constructing my own display interiors.
(Optional) Pictu

Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #148
RonanRat

Pharmacy tech student

What snakes do you own?:
Hognose, corns, ball python.

Why do you keep snakes?:
They're very cute in my opinion and absolutely fascinating from a biologic standpoint. I love learning about them and being around them, and every day it's like I learn something new from them. They're not cuddly, but they are amazing pets.

What other animals do you have?:
5 rats (4 females and one exceptionally grumpy male)
2 hamsters
2 guinea pigs
Lots of fish.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?:
Video games (RPGs especially), vegan/vegetarian cooking, watching classic films (like And Then There Were None, Casablanca, Blue Beard, etc), 80s anime, music.

Anything else to add?:
STEVE HOLT!

(Optional) Picture:

Old 03-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #149
Tempest666
What snakes do you own?: BRB's, 1 afrorock, 1 retic, 3 RTB, 2 albino burms, 2 Hog Island boas
Why do you keep snakes?: My brother was allergic to anything with fur or feathers. One day my mom brought me a shoebox containing a garter snake and said "Here ya go". Been into them ever since
What other animals do you have? 2 American alligators named Gustave and Draco and 1 Nile Monitor yet unnamed
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Reading, working out, cooking, art museums, classical music, video games.
Anything else to add?: The Lacey act can kiss my derriere

Old 03-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #150
Gerard
What snakes do you own?: A pair of rubber boas.
Why do you keep snakes?: I have a real passion and fascination for animals, I think that snakes are one of the most intriguing animals out there, so I decided to get a pair.
What other animals do you have?: 18 species of phasmid, 6 species of mantid, 8 species of snail, 5 species of beetle, 4 species of millipede, 13 species of tarantula, 4 species of cockroach, centipedes, velvet worms, lizards, mice, budgerigars, pigeons and two dogs.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Running, reading, botany, geology, marksmanship, camping and hiking
Anything else to add?: I live in England and hope to go to university to study Zoology & eventually move to Canada or Vegas.
(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!