Feeding incident - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Diego Velarde
Feeding incident

I fed my albino male a small rat today and I always check on my snakes when feeding live to make sure they have a good wrap on their prey. Well the albino had a pretty good wrap but the rat's legs were free to do what they wanted. I noticed the rat scratching my snake with one leg so I held its leg until it stopped moving (die). I guess the other leg was scratching as well but I failed to see it.
Here are the pics

I'm hoping that the blood on the head is from the rat since I dont see any puncture on the surface and I dont want to try to wipe it down just yet.
The rat scratched my snake pretty bad. This is my first snake injury (if you want to call it) so I was thinking of applying some Chlorhexidine to it or Neosporin (non-pain reliever kind). Which one do you guys recommend? and When should I treat my snake, since it just ate? Another thing that may come into account is that the snake is also in shed, should I wait until he's done shedding? Thanks,

Diego