Adobe Photoshop pic tester website!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnenewt1 View Post
Well then you're someone I would never purchase from. Tainting is tainting, regardless of whether you're increasing the pic's color or cropping its pic. Noone can tell exactly what you're doing in Photoshop. Free programs like Instacropper can crop your images without worrying about any other types of modification. If everyone took their pics in natural lighting, and not under their tank's heat bulb which increases the color in photographs, most times there wouldn't be any question on how the animal looks that they're purchasing.
I guess you would never purchase from me either if this is your opinion.
Every photo in an ad I post, and as far as I know every photo on my website would show that photoshop has been used.
The thing is it doesn't tell you what photoshop was used for.

I keep my camera set on the maximum resolution. I use photoshop to crop, then resize every image I take. For ads I usually add a text layer that has the ID number and often the weight of the snake. The ID number is so I can easily reference the exact snake someone is inquiring about.

I never alter color or anything else like that, but the photoshop tags will be on the picture anyway.
I would bet the same could be said of a large number of people selling online. To refuse to buy from anyone for this reason alone will significantly decrease the number of people you can potentially buy from, and in many cases write them off for no reason at all.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
Johnenewt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
I will point out, that not everyone can take natural light photos.. I live in Minnesota.. it is currently 50 degrees out.. I am certainly not going to take my baby snakes outside because someone wants new photos..
You don't have to go outside. You can take your pics near a window, or under fluorescent light bulbs.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #13
Johnenewt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
I guess you would never purchase from me either if this is your opinion.
Every photo in an ad I post, and as far as I know every photo on my website would show that photoshop has been used.
The thing is it doesn't tell you what photoshop was used for.

I keep my camera set on the maximum resolution. I use photoshop to crop, then resize every image I take. For ads I usually add a text layer that has the ID number and often the weight of the snake. The ID number is so I can easily reference the exact snake someone is inquiring about.

I never alter color or anything else like that, but the photoshop tags will be on the picture anyway.
I would bet the same could be said of a large number of people selling online. To refuse to buy from anyone for this reason alone will significantly decrease the number of people you can potentially buy from, and in many cases write them off for no reason at all.

That's correct, I wouldn't. Once again you can use other programs like Instacropper to crop your images without causing customers to worry if the color has been modified, because the program does not have the ability to do so. I'm just informing the public of the use of the pic testing website. Whatever conclusions you come to is up to you. I'm sticking with the non-modification program breeders... I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Well then you're someone I would never purchase from. Tainting is tainting, regardless of whether you're increasing the pic's color or cropping its pic. Noone can tell exactly what you're doing in Photoshop. Free programs like Instacropper can crop your images without worrying about any other types of modification. If everyone took their pics in natural lighting, and not under their tank's heat bulb which increases the color in photographs, most times there wouldn't be any question on how the animal looks that they're purchasing.
I guess you wont be buying from me either.... cause my logo dont just magically appear on all of the images inside of the camera. I also shoot my images in RAW format.... and you'll never hear folks say... he makes his images look better than the animal. If anything... I make them look a little duller so your pleasently surprised when the animal arrives.

As a photographer I know how to shoot the best side of something.... but here recently I lost a sale because of my honestly. I showed the animal as it was... not choosing an angle that would hide it being a little thin.

So in the end.... if you dont want to do business with me because the photograper side of me chooses to process my digital negatives in photoshop.... I can live with that.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #15
Southern Wolf
Quote:
That's correct, I wouldn't. Once again you can use other programs like Instacropper to crop your images without causing customers to worry if the color has been modified, because the program does not have the ability to do so. I'm just informing the public of the use of the pic testing website. Whatever conclusions you come to is up to you. I'm sticking with the non-modification program breeders... I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Why would I want to use an inferrior program?

I spent alot of time and money into my photography.... and I use the best software out there to process my RAW data.

And once again... that program wont put my black border or my logo on each and every image I show online.

Do you realize that those of us that take decent images get our images stolen. Thus the reason for the logo. Case in point... I just had to out someone on the BOI for doing just that. He stole my image and used it in his CL ad.

Just because we processes our photos does NOT mean we are bad guys trying to scam the reptile community.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
Southern Wolf
John... basically your trying to say that anyone that uses Photoshop is a bad guy. That would be like me saying... anyone from NY is a bad guy because there are proven bad guys from NY.

Thats just stooopid.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
John... basically your trying to say that anyone that uses Photoshop is a bad guy.

That's what got under my skin about this.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #18
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Well according to you.... even if you crop the image using a free program like Instacropper.... that photo is still tainted. Maybe you shouldn't buy from you either.

Just sayin.....

Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
You don't have to go outside. You can take your pics near a window, or under fluorescent light bulbs.
You can't be serious..... Fluorescent lights will skew the color balance something awful in a photo. Almost as bad as incandescent lights but in a different direction.

Heck, for that matter, depending on what time of day you take a photo, that can dramatically influence the color balance on the subject as well. So does the background you use for the photograph, no matter what the light source, and ANY colored reflective surfaces nearby.

Heck, the last digital still camera I bought takes photos that are 4,256 x 2,848 pixels in size. You HAVE to either crop them or resize them to realistically use them on the web. And generally it is a real good idea to watermark them as well to keep them from being used elsewhere.

Frankly, I would be surprised if there is any professional (or even semi-professional) photographer who DOESN'T use Photoshop or something functionally equivalent on every photo they publish.

Now if the program would tell WHAT filters were applied to the photograph via Photoshop, then it might be worth using.

So you choose to bypass sellers who use Photoshop and then wind up buying an animal that was soaked in CoolAid instead. Personally, I think there are better rules of thumb to utilize in choosing who to buy from.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:57 AM   #20
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
You can't be serious..... Fluorescent lights will skew the color balance something awful in a photo. Almost as bad as incandescent lights but in a different direction.

Heck, for that matter, depending on what time of day you take a photo, that can dramatically influence the color balance on the subject as well. So does the background you use for the photograph, no matter what the light source, and ANY colored reflective surfaces nearby.

Heck, the last digital still camera I bought takes photos that are 4,256 x 2,848 pixels in size. You HAVE to either crop them or resize them to realistically use them on the web. And generally it is a real good idea to watermark them as well to keep them from being used elsewhere.

Frankly, I would be surprised if there is any professional (or even semi-professional) photographer who DOESN'T use Photoshop or something functionally equivalent on every photo they publish.

Now if the program would tell WHAT filters were applied to the photograph via Photoshop, then it might be worth using.

So you choose to bypass sellers who use Photoshop and then wind up buying an animal that was soaked in CoolAid instead. Personally, I think there are better rules of thumb to utilize in choosing who to buy from.
Thanks, you just saved me some typing

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!