Will it be ok??? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 01:32 AM   #21
joseydiann
Thank you all so much, he seems to get getting more active and stronger day by day!

I have him in a tiny dark tub just a little smaller than a show box with a shallow water dish that he has been laying in and drinking from. He has a hide and also has a heat pad under him.

I am worried about the very empty flat belly though..

Big question is how long does it take them before their first shed???

Amanda

Old 07-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #22
joseydiann
Thank you Steve, I needed that lol, good pics too. You got yours to live, am I doing things right with the heat and small tub ect..?

Any tips at all let me know! I already lost the Albino and DO NOT want to lose this guy/girl!

Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #23
Melinda
wAs the mother the het albino that you got from Dustin who got it from me? And was one of the babies albino?

Old 07-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #24
joseydiann
Yes Melinda!! there is a message about it in the other tread!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #25
Melinda
Yay Momma is a proven het!!

I've also had a tiny little one that survived. Do you have a pinky pump? just in case he doesn't eat on his own, you can get pump a pinky into him every 5 days until he gets the idea to eat. Normally, I wouldn't suggest force feeding for awhile, but he's just too little to go very long without food, especially since he didn't absorb his yolk.

If he were mine, I'd wait till after he sheds and offer a small live mouse hopper. Wait a couple days and offer again. If he gets lethargic I would pump in 1 pinky wait 4-5 days and offer a live hopper again. I would keep up the pinky pump feedings but continue to offer live food before resorting to the pump until he decides to eat on his own.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #26
brd7666
I think the little guy will be fine. Like people have said, don't stress the little guy out. Good luck.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:54 AM   #27
Abby
Awww, what a precious baby. Keep faith Amanda! I think he can make it, and by the sounds of it he does have the will to live. That is the most important thing. Keep us posted

Old 07-13-2010, 02:11 AM   #28
joseydiann
Thank you guys, he does seem like a fighter so far. And I have high hopes for him..

Thank you very much Melinda, I appreciate it..

Can someone tell me about how long or how many days it takes them to shed for the first time?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #29
Matt2979
They usually shed their first skin within a week of being born. Glad to hear that he's/it's doing a little better. Sounds like he's in good hands.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #30
joseydiann
YAY! I was hoping it would not be too long, it seems like weeks already but only been a few days lol..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!