Anyone ever dealt with The Reptile Company??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
brodie691
Anyone ever dealt with The Reptile Company???

they are out of California, and have a snake that i would not mind having, but i called the number they gave 3 times, and it is a non-working number.
granted they may have made a mistake in typing it out... just never have heard of them, and i did a search and found nothing.

thanx in advance

matthew watkins

Old 01-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
brodie691
well I'm a little worried now.
i spoke with this guy Joseph from there last Friday night, and he said it would be cool if i sent him $50 down payment on Monday. so i did just that very thing, but noticed today they had re-listed this same female i am supposed to be buying off kingsnake here:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=6&de=564599

I'm a little concerned to say the least, and was curious as to what any of you would do. would you have them send your payment back and back out of the deal? or would you send the rest of the money on through? i had explained to him that he could check my name out on fauna, and he said to me that that would not be necessary which kind of made me wonder a bit??? i just don't trust people that much.
i sent him this e:mail response this morning:

hey man just curious. i have already sent the down payment on the female
and will pay the remainder this next week, but i notice she had been
placed back up on kingsnake today in the classified ads???
i have receipt if you need a picture of it.

matthew

i still have yet to receive a reply which has me a bit bugged so wonder, what would any of you do in this situation?
i don't like giving money away freely.

thanx in advance,

matthew watkins

Old 01-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Matthew, I have a number for them and it is disconnected too. Did you pay by PayPal? If so, What was the email address?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
brodie691
Dennis, I tried that number first and it was disconnected. He emailed me and gave me another number, so I called that one and spoke to him. He said they just moved their shop, so maybe that's why the other number was disconnected.

I payed by postal order.

Matthew Watkins

Old 01-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
It's good that there moving. The location they were in has a very bad name. The reason you found no threads is The Reptile Company moved into the same building as the Reptile Ranch in Gilroy, CA. Several people came forward to state that they just purchased the business and had no knowledge of the previous owners. They had the same phone number, address etc. If you do a search here you will find many bad guy threads on the previous company and owners at that address. Hopefully, this guy is much better.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
It's good that there moving.
*they're

Old 01-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #7
jusmebabee
The people who used to own that store moved to San Juan Batista I believe.
I dealt with the old owners many times and purchased in person and never had an issue while others have when ordering online.
The new store (new owners) was moved to different location down the street (bigger). I have been there a few times as I live about 25-30 minutes away. Decent store and animals.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:47 AM   #8
brodie691
well i have to say......

at first i was a little skeptical not knowing anything about this company, but took a chance, and man was i glad i ever did.
Joseph was super easy to deal with, and the female that he sent was just superb.
i would definitely do business with them again, and would recommend them to others!

matthew watkins

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!