THERMOSTATE PROBE ON HEAT PANELS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #1
snakemansam
THERMOSTATE PROBE ON HEAT PANELS

For those of you running heat panels in cages, where do you attach the
probe for the stat?
trying to figure out the best way to do it, so that they done get moved or dislodged any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Old 02-02-2015, 01:25 AM   #2
Big Borg Reptiles
I realize this is way late, but I usually leave one tub on each rack empty and use that one for the thermostat probe. We had too many issues with getting it to stay, we tried taping it down on the bottom of the bin and a number of other things, but after pulling the tub in and out a few times they'd always pop loose.

It might not be the most space efficient method but it's the one way to be sure the probe will stay put. I'm not sure if this is even feasible for reptile enclosures besides ball pythons, but something to consider.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #3
snakemansam
Thanks for the reply but I was asking how to attach a probe for use with a radiant heat panel in a 4x2x1 cages. Sorry if my wording was confusing

Old 06-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Guy Castro
Very late here,but just hang the probe half way,then use your temp gun to set the proper temp. With my 632 visions,the hstat is set in the 120's to get the floor to 88-90.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!