Looking for f/t feeder rats - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
xXBlueLipsXx
Arrow Looking for f/t feeder rats

Currently i am looking for a different cheaper place to buy my rats at for my snake to eat, than paying $50 something bucks for 20 of them.... I live in texas and understand with shipping and all so im looking for a store or a breeder that's in texas that is willing to sell some rats to me, I will drive to you to pick it up but it has to be f/t (feel slightly bad feeding live even though i know its nature). My main supplier was big cheese rodent factory and it was a warehouse so I couldnt go get it at all even though they were in my state and close.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
Dbz4246
That is actually a hard one to answer, I don't purchase from Big Cheese rodents since the shipping cost and gas to drive there would be about the same, but then I have to get Taxed as well since they are in the same state. So I choose not to go that direction. Some of the best prices and even rodents I have found (without buying online) have been local breeders. Try using Craigslist, or Facebook to find some. I have even talked to some local pet stores and have bought from their suppliers of rodents, at least the ones that don't breed their own. A lot of local breeders can't really supply the amount of rodents that the big guys can, so you may need to buy more frequently in less quantity. They may also charge more, but if they can beat your total price that would include tax or shipping, then it is still a win.

The biggest issue with buying from local breeders is that every single one I have bought from eventually quits and stops breeding rats. So far I have yet to find a local supplier that lasts more than 6 months.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:12 AM   #3
xXBlueLipsXx
aww Dx that sucks, well i'm hoping that by going to the reptile expo in Arlington, TX i'll find someone that sells feeders that are f/t (found that the last time) this Aug. 30th. Its kinda sad that nobody stays in business that long e.e it truly is and I wonder why that is honestly, I imagine they do well.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:28 AM   #4
Dbz4246
Yea i think Otis should be there selling rodents, I know he does Frozen. Not sure on his prices, I think his business name thing is Pet snake snacks, he is a good guy and has been doing it for years, and is in the arlington Dallas area. Hmm he might actually be able to help you out if that's the case.
But a lot of people don't do it for long because of the shear amount of time and effort it takes to raise that many rodents. If you try to go full scale and keep a full time job, it usually doesn't work. That's why most breeders that breed rodents themselves only breed what they need.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:04 PM   #5
xXBlueLipsXx
Ah ok thats understandable ^~^ hopefully we can work something out and shizz e.e

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!