Another Fun Hobby! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Another Fun Hobby!

I dont think ive ever really mentioned anything else that i do, though... lately ( IE the past two years) i havent touched these guys.. I figure its time to start looking them over and fixing whatever needs to be fixed for spring ( i'd love to start building another over the winter too!) Maybe i'll get a flight or two in before winter decides to set in for good.

R/C Planes! Sailplanes in my case.

im still very new, and no expert at flying and with not messing with them for a couple years or so, im pretty much going to have to relearn most of everything. But its a fun hobby, and its TONS of fun watching all of the others fly their planes and do tricks as well.

Anyone else here who flys too? it'd be cool to see who else shows an interest in the hobby. But if course, i could just be a massive geek ^_- thats alright!

Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #2
99Vengeur
I love RC airplanes, but was never allowed to get into the hobby! My parents told me it was too expensive, because you have to rebuild when you crash. Now that I'm out on my own and married, the wife is keeping my love of flying stifled as well. Many years ago, I began to fly to earn my private pilots license, but then I went to college and never finished. Kinda a bummer for me!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Vengeur
I love RC airplanes, but was never allowed to get into the hobby! My parents told me it was too expensive, because you have to rebuild when you crash. Now that I'm out on my own and married, the wife is keeping my love of flying stifled as well. Many years ago, I began to fly to earn my private pilots license, but then I went to college and never finished. Kinda a bummer for me!

You should try to re-convince her!! heck, she could get into it to and end up loving it more than you! ^_- *wishful thinking* They have planes and heli's now that are Styrofoam and parts are a dime a dozen to get.

Ive crashed the plane you see there a few times times and have only broken the prop once or twice. Cheap to fix, and the balsa is pretty darn sturdy once the monokote is on there. Besides, its not really that expensive a hobby, i mean... look at our snakes!

www.towerhobbies.com is a great place to look for kits,Almost ready to fly ( ARF's) and Ready to fly ( RTF's)

Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
99Vengeur
Thanks for a starting place to look!

Before I moved from central Illinois, we had an RC club that had a field with its own radio tower and runway and the whole nine-yards. It was awesome to go out there on the weekend and catch the veteran flyers doing their thing with stunt planes and helicopters. I do very much miss watching them. As they say, "Those were the good 'ole days!"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!