can someone tell me if these are morphs or regulars - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
nsime
can someone tell me if these are morphs or regulars

Hello i have alot of crested geckos but i got two from a store and not a breeder like, 3 years ago, i have no clue what morph of crested gecko it is, haven't really seen these in the morph guides so i dont know if they are just considered normals? if there is such a thing.
the first one w/ the tail is im pretty sure a 2007 male, can turn very pale but fires up pretty dark at times with some creamy highlights but only in parts and sections, the picture i have him right now in is i would say 65% flared up, no where close to being the darkest gecko i have but idk what he is.
the second one is the female crested gecko i got form petco maybe in 2009, got her for free cause she had no tail O_O . i have no clue what she is either, she has maybe 4 spots, and kinda has an interesting pattern on her back, if i had to guess maybe a long time ago in the generation line there was a dalmatian and a tiger morph somewhere, orange pattern on back and greenish on the sides, and again can get very pale but this is pretty much around 90% fired up.
these two had twins, one was born white but now is red at times, probably from the father cause the father was red when he was a baby, but dies down to an orange back and green sides like the mother.
the second baby, is pretty much a brownish red, with maybe 5x as many spots at the mother. born may 31st so its probably not their final colors yet anyways
thanks for your help guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_3831 (800x536).jpg (195.2 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3832 (800x536).jpg (185.8 KB, 171 views)

Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Gecko Geek
hmmm... the 1st one looks like a harley, (harlequin), the 2nd though... not too sure, but looks sorta like a pinstripe or flame crestie... beautiful geckos!

Old 06-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
nsime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko Geek View Post
hmmm... the 1st one looks like a harley, (harlequin), the 2nd though... not too sure, but looks sorta like a pinstripe or flame crestie... beautiful geckos!
thanks! i find them beautiful too, and they are the two friendliest ones i have lol, but, yeah, before i started buying the different morphs of crested geckos i tried looking them up and i thought the 1st one looked like a harley, and then i wasnt quite to sure after looking at alot of pictures of them, idk if hes just a really toned down harley, second one still has me confused alot, pinstripe didnt even cross my mind, im looking at pics of flames now that you said it and every now and then i see one that looks like her..hm maybe they are harlequins and flames thanks for your help! its nice to know what they are lol

Old 07-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
OliveHaze
http://www.forums.repashy.com/rhacod...rph-guide.html

Huge help for me. Very easy to read.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!