Honduran milksnake humidity and temps - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
hdowell
Honduran milksnake humidity and temps

What humidity do you keep Honduran milksnakes at??

The humidity i have is 38-44% but also have a humid hide in there

What temps do you keep them at??

I have an UTH that keeps a hot spot 85-90F and then it ranges from 70-75F everywhere else

Thanks

Old 02-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
elena
IMO, your hot spot is too hot. 85 is the highest I would go. As for humidity, ambient humidity is usually fine for this species unless your home is extremely dry. I never measured or attempted to alter the humidity for my Hondurans, except that I would spray them when shedding. Never had any problems with this approach.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:04 AM   #3
hdowell
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
IMO, your hot spot is too hot. 85 is the highest I would go. As for humidity, ambient humidity is usually fine for this species unless your home is extremely dry. I never measured or attempted to alter the humidity for my Hondurans, except that I would spray them when shedding. Never had any problems with this approach.

Thanks so much! I did drop it down yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!