picky eater - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
yogamasterbob
picky eater

My femake bearded dragon stopped eating greens about a week ago and won't eat anything but crickets, she's being picky. should I be worried about this at all? we've been trying to feed her kale and collard greens and she's even been turning her nose up at strawberries and bananas. is there anyway to get her to eat her salad or do I just wait it out.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
My dragons go through phases when it comes to greens. One week they can't get enough of them and the next week they won't even look at em. I wouldn't be too concerned about it yet. Give it some time and you may find she gets a craving and goes hog wild over a nice salad.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
Nero557
I agree with Mike, maybe you dragon just wants a change of pace this week or for a few days... and that's perfectly fine and normal. Did you try other food items that maybe your dragon hasn't tried in a long time, or ever? Like maybe peaches or grapes, maybe some romaine (i know it isn't the greatest but if your dragon eats some then maybe you can mix it with kale or collards) or mustard greens, dandelion greens? Maybe some Red Leaf lettuce (also the same thing like I said about romaine) Maybe drop some mealies in with the greens to give it that motion look. Just a few suggestions maybe I hit one you haven't tried yet... but still it's not much to worry about yet...

Old 04-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
Robust_Beardies
Our dragons LOVE berries. We have mullberry trees in our backyard for silkworms, and when the berries come into season, the dragons devour them! Also blueberries and raspberries are excellent choices.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #5
Cat_72
A couple of my dragons seem to stop eating their greens when they are in shed. Once they are done shedding, they go back to eating like pigs. I also have one male that is very picky about the type of greens he eats.....and if he even THINKS a collard green may have touched the other greens, he won't eat them (I think he was spoiled rotten by his previous owner, lol). I do think variety is important though, they get tired of the same old thing just like we do. Try some new types of greens, and see if that helps any.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!