viewing karma information - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Jerry_c_62
viewing karma information

I have been a member of the forum for a while. I read much and post little.

I have been trying to figure out how, or even if it is possible to view detailed information on who is leaving karma and for what. I saw a post in another area that seemed to indicate that you can. Not looking to flame anyone just wondering.

Jerry

Old 10-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_c_62 View Post
I have been a member of the forum for a while. I read much and post little.

I have been trying to figure out how, or even if it is possible to view detailed information on who is leaving karma and for what. I saw a post in another area that seemed to indicate that you can. Not looking to flame anyone just wondering.

Jerry
Jerry, It is set that contributing members and above can see who left karma for them. Registered members can see when they receive karma in their User CP but not who left the good or bad karma marks.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
Shadera
Just another way for folks who don't agree with something you say to take a swipe at your back, IMO. Do we really need the karma? Does it matter what some guy sitting in his mom's basement all day thinks of others? Apparently my disagreeance with trashing people based on their religious preferences is grounds for bad karma?

Old 10-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
Shadera
Quote:
Reptster 10-04-2008 12:58 PM shrap What a lying nutjob you are
Nice!

Old 10-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
KelliH
I don't care for the Karma system, especially when the ability to give "bad" karma is turned on. I think it causes more harm than good. That being said, I coudn't care less what my Fauna Karma rating is. Don't let it bother you, don't give it relevance and it quickly becomes a non issue.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #6
deborahbroadus
I think that if used correctly it has the potential to reduce the number of off topic postings...and the number of idiotic postings (including my own)!

That said...how do I recall the karma that I gave to Randal Berry by mistake??? LORD..I need to drink my coke before I start posting.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Just another way for folks who don't agree with something you say to take a swipe at your back, IMO. Do we really need the karma? Does it matter what some guy sitting in his mom's basement all day thinks of others? Apparently my disagreeance with trashing people based on their religious preferences is grounds for bad karma?
No, it was already explained that it was given because you said moderators were doing such things....you were asked for proof, and you threw a hissy fit and went off pouting.

That and well....they are no more than dots. Say something good, something worthwhile, and you can easily get enough "good" karma to take the place of the "bad". Karma is karma....

Old 06-15-2021, 10:53 AM   #8
Creek kid
Karma!? Psst! I posted an ad for a wanted animal in a forum for like wanted animal and same ad in a different forum. You know, to increase my chances of finding said wanted animal. Some on here apparently can't understand that simple concept. Both forums are for the same type animal just not the exact kind. So I get dumb, and condescending comments from other members assuming that I haven't posted in the " correct" forum, go figure. Hmm maybe they could ask me instead of you know ass uming. There's always gotta that guy huh! I then reply to there comment asking people to respond to my wanted ad only! They then respond anyway With off topic comments. Then I notice I got so called Karma -4! With a another stupid comment stating so called " helpful" comments, can be this, that and the other. Then I get another condescending comment from someone on here saying it didn't make " good sense to post like I have! Say what! It doesn't make good sense to post for a snake in a snake forum? So what, both forums are for Snakes, Ill remind you! Just not for the same kind. placed multiple ads to increase chances, you know? That comment sure didn't make " good sense" Go figure posting a wanted ad for a snake on a snake forum. Who would thought, huh? You say there were trying to help. Not even with there tone in saying " try posting" they were being a smart a@@ and nothing more. They just didn't like were I put my add. So I ask the ? Should there be a " karma" system for those smart a@@es who got nothing better to do than instigate some sort of conflict.here. I get the bad Karma, what a joke, to whoever left it! Apparently the person given the negative karma to me can't tell the difference between someone truly trying to be helpful from just making a smart a@@ comment. You need to do away with this Karma deal, especially when that someone can dish it out. What hypocrits! You running the show here got your nerve, dishing crap Karma with your condescending comments, and you give negative karma to others but not yourselves, please!! Yes karma won't forget you either. I've seen some pretty crappy comments on here by the show runners on here about how people can't figure this or that about how to use this site. Your so quick to dish karma though huh. Some of you sound pretty arrogant, and condescending. Maybe you should find another way to be " helpful" instead your self.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:57 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek kid View Post
Karma!? Psst! I posted an ad for a wanted animal in a forum for like wanted animal and same ad in a different forum. You know, to increase my chances of finding said wanted animal. Some on here apparently can't understand that simple concept. Both forums are for the same type animal just not the exact kind. So I get dumb, and condescending comments from other members assuming that I haven't posted in the " correct" forum, go figure. Hmm maybe they could ask me instead of you know ass uming. There's always gotta that guy huh! I then reply to there comment asking people to respond to my wanted ad only! They then respond anyway With off topic comments. Then I notice I got so called Karma -4! With a another stupid comment stating so called " helpful" comments, can be this, that and the other. Then I get another condescending comment from someone on here saying it didn't make " good sense to post like I have! Say what! It doesn't make good sense to post for a snake in a snake forum? So what, both forums are for Snakes, Ill remind you! Just not for the same kind. placed multiple ads to increase chances, you know? That comment sure didn't make " good sense" Go figure posting a wanted ad for a snake on a snake forum. Who would thought, huh? You say there were trying to help. Not even with there tone in saying " try posting" they were being a smart a@@ and nothing more. They just didn't like were I put my add. So I ask the ? Should there be a " karma" system for those smart a@@es who got nothing better to do than instigate some sort of conflict.here. I get the bad Karma, what a joke, to whoever left it! Apparently the person given the negative karma to me can't tell the difference between someone truly trying to be helpful from just making a smart a@@ comment. You need to do away with this Karma deal, especially when that someone can dish it out. What hypocrits! You running the show here got your nerve, dishing crap Karma with your condescending comments, and you give negative karma to others but not yourselves, please!! Yes karma won't forget you either. I've seen some pretty crappy comments on here by the show runners on here about how people can't figure this or that about how to use this site. Your so quick to dish karma though huh. Some of you sound pretty arrogant, and condescending. Maybe you should find another way to be " helpful" instead your self.
Well, here is a question for you. Why do you think I broke the classifieds ads section down into multiple areas specifying certain classes of animals? If someone were looking for kingsnakes or milksnakes, would they be better served looking in a classifieds section called "Kingsnakes & Milksnakes", or would it have been best to just have a huge section for ALL snake related classifieds being posted there? If you were selling a kingsnake, which would you prefer? If you were LOOKING for a particular kingsnake to buy, what would you prefer?

Taking this thought even further, suppose you are looking for that kingsnake you want, and when you go to the "Kingsnakes & Milksnakes" forum, you find it inundated with ads (both FOR SALE and WANTEDS) of all kinds of other snakes that are NOT "Kingsnakes & Milksnakes". Wouldn't that just make things much harder for you to accomplish your goal? Are you really going to appreciate that categorically OFF TOPIC posting taking place there?

As for posting the same ad in multiple classified sections, that is really not encouraged here neither. That is what we typically refer to as "shotgun style advertising". In effect, akin to shooting a shotgun at a duck hoping that out of all the pellets fired, one of them will hit the target. And as mentioned above, posting such identical ads in multiple forums, including ones that are NOT related (except for the fact that they might all be snakes, or even reptiles) is actively discouraged by most viewers as well as staff.

All of the above CAN incur an infraction that is sort of broad based to cover multiple types of instances of someone violating something more akin to common courtesy than anything else. This infraction is listed as "Inappropriate advertising or spamming", and as are the other infractions, levied at the discretion of the moderator who might happen to view such practices being engaged in.

As for karma, well, consider that as a method by which members can inform a poster of their own personal feelings towards what you have posted as well as your methodology. Perhaps your reaction to the karma comments might be more a measure of the thickness of your skin rather than your taking a hard look at your methods and considering that perhaps they have not been appreciated by other members who might find your methods running contrary to their agreeing with site management in how they want this site to run.

FWIW.

Old 06-15-2021, 02:39 PM   #10
Creek kid
Point well made Rich. I absolutely was not trying to be selfish in any way. I really didn't think about where I put my ad in that context.Thanx for pointing it out. My and similar ads really could make it hard to find specifics with the waters all "muddy" As far as the negative karma received not cool. With others not so courteous with there comments, ya know. There's not a fine line with someone hiding behind A so called helpful comment and straight up smart a@@ comment. Some members must feel as though they just gotta be " that guy" and feel the need to be a smart @ss! To comment just because they
can. "Tougher material!" Yea I am bothered by people who are bothered by me.When They feel the need to be a smart mouth, ole boy wasn't trying to be helpful as you say and its too bad you couldn't see that way. Especially when they comment on how they are gonna " do as they please" so I asked you, who wasn't being civil here Rich.Like the old saying goes bees and honey... But you gave me negative Karma go figure dude, ya it takes 2 so you may as well give them negatives 2. so I say either reciprocate the karma or remove mine. Oh, but something tells me this isn't a democracy here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!