Some issues with buying a bearded dragon on line - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:05 AM   #1
LadyJane
Some issues with buying a bearded dragon on line

I recently purchased a bearded dragon via FB from a dealer. I was told it was a juvenile female which is what I wanted. She is actually a he which I found out upon getting him checked out a local reputable reptile shop. Upon his arrival I noticed he was in a real small box compared to the hatchling I just purchased. He was in a reptile bag and had pooped all over himself and the bag. Logically I get this could happen but now I have a really smelly beardy. I've bathed him twice and the smell is still on him. Is this normal? A real small box and marketing the beardy as a female? Also what can I do about the poop smell?
Any impute will be great.
Thanks

Old 12-09-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
bcr229
I can't help you with the poop smell or bathing question. You may want to ask in the husbandry area so more people see it.

When you told the seller that the dragon had ben mis-sexed what was the response?

Old 12-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
Pasodama
If you are absolutely certain that the Beardie is a male, instead of a female, (and you did not make an error during ordering process) you should contact the seller to see if they can offer some remedy to your having received a missexed Beardie.
If you still wish to have a female, instead, see if the seller will replace the Beardie.
If you wish to, now, keep the Beardie, you could always see if a partial refund can be had [either the price difference, of male vs. female (if there is one), or due to their error].
Either of those options or, should you decide to, do nothing and enjoy the Beardie.

BTW If you contact the breeder for remedy, and they basically say "too bad so sad", you could always post about it in the appropriate forum.

I don't know what size box, that the seller sent the Beardie in, but, if it was too small, that would be cause for your being upset and they should improve their shipping practices.

Beardie poo, generally, does have a fairly foul odor.
However, it may not be a bad idea to have the Beardie checked for parasites.

To clean the Beardie, let it soak in warm water. Then, also with warm water, gently clean the Beardie with a soft bristled toothbrush.
Repeat, another day, if needed.
Eventually, (via cleaning &/or shed) the odor will diminish ... unless, of course, the Beardie runs through, or lays on, its feces.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!