Been working on building racks. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #1
Randall Turner
Been working on building racks.

I've been wanting to increase the number of animals I'm raising up, so needed to increase the amount of space I have available for it. So gave a go at building a steel rack around the VE Super 70 tubs. I decided it's just too heavy a material so built a 2nd rack around ARS 70 tubs out of aluminum. Pretty happy with the outcome.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
Herpin Man
Very nice work.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:06 AM   #3
Socratic Monologue
Looks great!

Old 07-31-2021, 10:44 PM   #4
Lucille
They both turned out beautifully!

Old 08-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #5
JColt
Nice work Randall!

Old 08-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #6
Randall Turner
I redid the steel rack, replacing the uprights and guide rails with aluminum.
Also built it in 3 sections of 3 levels each for much easier moving up and down stairs.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2021, 12:20 PM   #7
Kelseyscorner
I would like to do this. Can you share generally how you did it? or do i need a garage full of tools to accomplish it because I dont have that

Old 09-01-2021, 11:32 PM   #8
Randall Turner
You can get by without a garage full of tools, but you'll need a way to cut the metal and the plastic, which is helped by a few tools. An angle grinder can get you most of the way (I used one to cut the plastic when I was using really thin stuff, that was not wanting to cooperate). You'll need to find a good supplier for the material, if you rely on what you can get at a box store you'll be paying WAY too much to be worth the effort.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!