STEEL CITY REPTILE SHOW Jan. 30, 2010! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:17 AM   #61
mvite
I didn't sleep very well!!!!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #62
garweft
Wow, I'm exahsted and my throat is sore from talking so much. Had a great time and sold a few things to some happy new snake and gecko owners. I love shows... but I am happy to be home... now I need to unpack.

I did forget to buy some fudge before I left. Biggest mistake was I told my wife I forgot and now shes giving me a hard time (in a joking way). Either way it was a fun show like always and look forward to the next one.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #63
SapphireGemReptiles
anyone know who won the albino ball raffle?

Old 01-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #64
garweft
Not sure, they were just doing the drawing at the end and I was busy packing up so didn't catch a name. They contact the winner if they were not present.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:20 AM   #65
Shadera
Okay, so who has the incriminating pictures? There's always at least a couple. If not, some regular pics will do!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:59 PM   #66
mvite
Great show! I can't believe how many people were there.

I sold more than I usually sell at shows. I'm hoarse from talking so much!

I didn't get away from my table much to check out many others' stuff--but there were a ton of vendors there!

I tried to take some progression shots to show the overall crowd.

I was trying to find Matt but I really didn't leave a 5 table perimeter. I got stuck at my table and didn't even gets to spends any munnies!

I haven't heard the official head count--but I do know there were over 1,000 people through the door by noon!

Old 01-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #67
wyblep
Well we just wanted to thank all the vendors and all the customers who made our Jan 30th another huge success. It was busy all day long with a total count through the door of 1723 paying patrons. We had a lot of vendors sign up for our April 17th show so were sure it will be another great one. I will have some pics of the show and the little boy who won the albino ball python. He was only 6 years old and was very excited when he got the call to come back and pick up his new pet. Thanks again everyone and we look forward to seeing you on April 17th for the next show.

Paul & Ben
Steel City Reptile Expo Ltd.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #68
densnake1
I just wanted everyone to know, the crazy frog lady didn't bite anyone. But she did try to start a fight. Great show, even if I did miss most of it. Hope it keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Dennis

Old 01-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #69
Mike Shaffer Reptiles
Man I missed a good 1! 1st Saturday I have ever had to work! Go figure!
I cant wait until the next show! I will not work during that one I guarantee that!

Old 01-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #70
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
I was trying to find Matt but I really didn't leave a 5 table perimeter. I got stuck at my table and didn't even gets to spends any munnies!
I was actually within eye sight of you the whole time. I was directly behind the Bug Depot, between Special K Reptiles and Hamper. I was quietly watching you the whole time..... little creepy huh.

Anyway, there sure were a lot thru the door and I had a great time vending next to one of the best herpetoculturists of all time. I didn't get a chance to get away to look much since there was always a constant stream of people in front of my table. But since the venue is spacious there weren't any complaints of people being cramped. Great show all around.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!