Im Tired Of Waiting!!! So Here He is My Bana... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandoflor View Post
I have it all planned out already if he cant breed them my hets are going to my proven breeder pastel het clown or my clown male.

Personally if I had a limited number of females and my prize male wasn't ready I wouldn't breed the females till the prize male was ready even if I had to skip a season.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
snakesRkewl
If I had a lesser het clown male that refused to breed my het clown girls the whole season I'd be all about throwing a clown male in to seal the deal, but that's just me

Old 10-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
If I had a lesser het clown male that refused to breed my het clown girls the whole season I'd be all about throwing a clown male in to seal the deal, but that's just me
But then you might be putting off Lesser Clowns two possibly three years if you let another male breed the females. By holding off a year you can also have the females larger to produce larger clutches which I prefer anyway. I rather have 8 + larger eggs than 5 or less smaller eggs.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
TheReptileEnthusiast
Depending on how many het girls you have, you could always let half take some time off so they will be good and ready for your lesser het male next time around. The ones you breed this season will stand a greater chance of not producing wnen the lesser is ready. My biggest het clown girl who laid eggs last year did not go this year. I wasn't too disappointed because I will have some morph hets ready next year for her anyways.

That being said, pastel clowns are not a bad consolation prize either, so you really can't lose.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #15
Orlandoflor
I Dont Mind If My Females Breed This Season. The 2012-2013 season i will have some more female hets up to size and my female clown will be ready too.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #16
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
But then you might be putting off Lesser Clowns two possibly three years if you let another male breed the females. By holding off a year you can also have the females larger to produce larger clutches which I prefer anyway. I rather have 8 + larger eggs than 5 or less smaller eggs.
I'm always concerned about sperm retention playing the recessive game so you are right,
I wasn't thinking that through clearly.
If he breeds the clown to the hets and they don't take and they retain sperm, the next season could be a disappointment if the clown hits and the lesser doesn't.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #17
Jonas@Balls2TheWall
Im in the same boat just a little farther behind than you. I have a male clown that should be ready but a female lesser that went on a feeding strike early this season. My lesser clowns are seeming even farther away. I have a female mojo that does look ready though, we will see..... Nice lesser BTW

Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #18
KY Reptiles
Very nice lesser!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #19
Matt2979
Nice lesser. And I hope that your original plans workout the way you want, with several lesser clowns!

I'm in a similar boat with my black pewter het ghost, and my caramel albino het glow being my 2 most anticipated, but very young males (both small 2010's). I'm just hoping that I got all my bad luck behind me this year with LOTS of slugs, and that these boys will help make 2011/12 awesome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!