Do others have reptile nightmares? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #1
lanas124
Do others have reptile nightmares?

Hey everyone,

I have these recurring nightmares where in the dream - whether it's through eggs hatching or people just abandoning dozen of animals, I unexpectedly end up with piles of reptiles and i get stressed because I can't keep all of them togther and I don't want to abandon the animals and i'm trying to put them in tanks and i can't get them to stay in their tanks.

I have another recurring nightmare where kids (from the track team that i coach) go into my reptile room to play with my animals and 10 minutes later half the geckos have lost their tails and my frogs are half dead and the kids don't even realize the problem.

These two nightmares are recurring and my best friend who also keeps reptiles frequently has similar dreams.

I just want to know if this is common among reptile owners/breeders.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
I actually have great reptile dreams....usually involves going out field-herping and finding indigo snakes, Boelens pythons, and albinos of anything, etc. Its very sad when I wake up.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
lanas124
Oh, don't get me wrong, I do have nice reptile dreams too. Just last night I had a good dream about 4 geckos hatching and keep wanting to wake up and find geckos waiting for me in the incubator so I'm very happy durring those dreams. but whenever I have stress induced anxiety dreams, it's ALWAYS nightmares about reptiles.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
StrictlyExotics
Now, I am not a professional dream interpreter but I would imagine that the interpretation would be the last things you are thinking of right before you go to sleep. Looks to me that you have a lot on your mind when you knock out... LoL

Old 05-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
aleria
Sadly it seems that most of my dreams that involve any of my animals, including the reptiles are usually nightmares. Majority of the time they involve them getting seriously injured or killed with there being absolutely nothing I can do to prevent it. I think it's just because I'm always so stressed and my animals are just about the only positive thing I have to focus on in my life, so in my dreams the stress has to ruin that too

Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
Willow
I dont tend to have reptile nightmares...most of my reptile dreams are pretty good...but i do have nightmares about the rats i feed them....i guess they arnt really full nightmares becuase they arnt to scary

basically I will dream that my snake room is over run with rats and I run around trying to figure out how to catch them and where to put them lol

sometimes i step on them...its gross

Old 05-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
crissabella
The worst nightmare i ever had involving my snakes was that i had come home from work one day, to find out someone had broken into my house and basically cut up all my snakes and left a trail of their pieces leading up to the body of my dog: I literally woke up screaming and crying that night.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
Helenthereef
I have a near-term gravid snake... so I'm having odd dreams about snake babies once or twice a week... sometime it comes out fine, sometimes not.... so I'm sure it's to do with your state of mind when you go to sleep.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
Cervine
I had a dream last night... My large female Ball Python had eaten my baby Mojave, all my feeder rats had escaped and were biting me, my beautiful female spider was on the verge of death and my boyfriend slammed a rat into the wall so hard it's guts went spewing everywhere.

Good thing it was only a dream <_<

Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #10
Abby
I sometimes have reptile nightmares, usually involves expecting babies and things going wrong with a clutch, etc. Other times I have awesome dreams of hatching out lots of cool morphs... LOL but those are always a bummer to wake up from

How's Ursus doing?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!