Central PA Reptile Expo, Carlisle, PA March 21 2009 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Central PA Reptile Expo, Carlisle, PA March 21 2009

Anybody been to it yet?
Is it better than it seems, or is it pretty much, what you see is what youget by the website?
Compare it to say, Hamburg and Havre De Grace Maryland?
Just trying to find out if it's worth the trip or not
I'm maybe.. 3 hours in good traffic I think.
Let's hear it!

Kylie

Old 03-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
mikeyt
It is not as big as Hamburg, and it is alot bigger then Havre a Disgrace. The venue has a lot to offer. My personal opinion is that it is a nice show, and I think it is well worth going to.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
GottaLuvHerps
I've been there for both shows (October and January) if that helps any, and will be there next week as well

The show is still what some consider small, but we are growing quickly. Although there are not as many vendors as Hamburg (yet), we have a GREAT variety of a little bit of everything there. Also remember that not all of our vendors choose to be listed on the website for various reasons, so the website is more of a "what you see is what you get, plus a few," if that makes sense.

The show has the potential to have 171 tables PLUS the Turtle Xing section, so once we get big, we will be BIG! We already fill just about 1/2 of those tables.

According to Mapquest, you are more like 1 hour 45 mins from the show, so maybe that will help as well. I used to live over in Oxford for awhile, so when you said 3 hours, I thought it sounded a bit much...Here's the link I pulled up.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=West...Carlisle&2s=PA

Hope it helps, and hope to see you there!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Hahaha thanks!!
Yeah I wasn't going on actual estimate, just what someone had told me, guess I should have checked it out, although I do avoid all the toll roads on the way, I'm so cheap

Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
cursedj
carlise

its a good show, getting bigger every time.the atmosphere is considerably different than hamburg, more family orientated.brightly lit .the isles are large, the venue is super clean and so are the bathrooms(lol) its definitely worth a look .... all my opinion of course.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
mikeyt
This show keeps coming up with more and more surprises. Just found out on another post they are going HOT. That means in my opinion, already a good show with lots of potential just got better.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Heart and Soul Reptiles
that's news to me as well!!
I was looking over their website and was a little bumbed they didn't allow venamous, or even venamoid animals. I don't personally keep them, but I love to check them out at the shows and in my head I would love to get a venemoid albino monical cobra one day
I think we're deffinetly intending on making the trip to check it out
Happy Saint Paddy's Day!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
mikeyt
Hey Kylie, remember the show doesnt go hot until May, but definitely make plans to check out the March show and the venue and what it has to offer.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Heart and Soul Reptiles
Haha, I know, I'm deffinetly heading to next weekends show, I'm just excited
I also just realized saint paddy's day isnt until tuesday... so just consider that an early wish, haha. Hope to see you all there!

Tags
carlisle, pennsylvania