2004 - where is the future with Leo morphs . . . . - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-20-2004, 10:41 PM   #1
Monte
2004 - where is the future with Leo morphs . . . .

. . . I've been thinking about this for awhile. Where are some areas in color/design that we haven't gone yet with leos? Here are some that I can think of:

- Blues - RT is supposed coming out with light blue colors
- Tigers - that' s one that I and a few others are working on - line bred traits to bring horizontal connected bands across the backs.
- Tangerine patternless. I think a few have toyed with that.
- Melanistic - I see them being worked on every now and then. I am in the hoping stage, myself, with this project, looking for a good male.
- dwarf. I know this could be a dangerous project, but it would be very neat. I don't know how ethical it might be, though.

Are their any other colors that might be on the horizon? Recessive traits? Just curioius of what other people's opinions are.

Thanks

Old 01-20-2004, 10:46 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
morphs of the future...

Monte, personally I like your melanistic idea. I would LOVE to see a solid black leo. And don't forget the solid reds!

Old 01-20-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
Intense Herpetoculture
Personally, I've been thinking of ways to create the following:

Orange Blizzards

Black and Orange Banded leopard geckos

Ok, so maybe I don't have too many ideas, but it is a start.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
robin d.
im working on a tangerine patternless- i think i have a pretty good start

and working on an orange and black banded leo- my female i have is a great start if only i could find a similar male

ima outcross rainwaters and hopefully make some killer tangs maybe tang stripers...

i am, still wondering what could possibly come out of some unusualy WC leos... maybe that is the key to melanistics i dont know
i was also thinking what about breeding bliz's for more spots being like a dalmation blizz or something
i thikn the idea of a blizz that stays dark would be cool... i mean come on dark and mean??? LOL

what about a red leo with black stripes? hehe
or even an orange leo with solid black stripes

Old 01-21-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
MGReptiles
I like the idea of red with black stripes, that would be awsome. Imagine what the starting prices for those babies would be...

Old 01-21-2004, 08:14 PM   #6
diablohogs
Red face i have the answer!!!

glow in the dark blizzard geckos .
this involves small amounts of plutonium tho...not exactly safe. plus you'd have to hold them under a lamp for a few minutes everytime you wanted to show them off and i doubt they would like that.

another possibility:

Tie Dyed

for this you will need:
1 blizzard leopard gecko
1 easter egg dipper
1 box of food coloring (various colors)
and alot of patients and creativity.

just kidding guys....

Old 01-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #7
E2MacPets

Which of these males should I cross to my blizzard female this year?

Whiter blizzard or orange blizzard? Hmmmm

Old 01-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #8
E2MacPets

Old 01-23-2004, 06:47 PM   #9
Aaronhoare
Heres what i think a cool project would be:

Take thouse dark blizzards that hatch out and get one that stays black (midnight blizzard) breed it to a tremper albino breed the double hets.

Eventually you would get a black blazzing blizzard now thats a mouth ful and would be one killer gecko.

This year Im workin on jungle trempers and patternless albinos mainly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tangreverse28w.jpg (11.0 KB, 123 views)

Old 01-23-2004, 08:22 PM   #10
diablohogs
Post melanin in blizzards

that reverse striped tangerine albino is awesome. im jealous. nice orange on that guy.

as far as a blazing midnight blizzard... not very likely.

dark blizzards are a result of the presence of melanin (black pigment) and an albino is amelanistic which means melanin free. its my belief that all blazing blizzards will be light because of the absence of melanin.

im going to go out on a limb here but i truely believe that blizzards are the true leucistic. but i will start a new thread express my views on this subject very soon after i've gathered enough information to provide a strong enough argument.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!