For Sale Vietnamese Mossy Frogs - Cold-reared Froglets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 09-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
Spaff
Vietnamese Mossy Frogs - Cold-reared Froglets

We have some good shipping temps in the next few weeks, so I'm offering up a few groups of animals I've been holding onto.

I have a nice group of mossy frog froglets available now. These are enthusiastically eating 4 week old crickets and growing well.

As most know, this species is notoriously male-heavy when produced in captivity. However, hobbyist experimentation has shown that this skewed sex ratio in offspring can be somewhat corrected by rearing tadpoles at temps lower than room temp. The downside of this is that tadpoles develop much more slowly. Because of this, many people try to only rear tads at low temps for part of the tadpole stage. My average ambient room temp is right around 67F with fluctuations up to the low 70s and down to 64-65F (see data logger picture at the end of the ad as evidence; Please note the spike in temps on the graph in late August is due to power failure due to the effects of Hurricane Ida), so these tads are exposed to low rearing temps for their entire tadpole stage. This by no means guarantees females, but it at least makes the odds of one being female better than traditional rearing.

These are too young to reliably sex, so I am selling them all as unsexed juvies.

Pictured is an available animal and is representative of the median size of available animals.

Contact User Check User
Old 11-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #2
lynnak44
Hi! What is your price for them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!