New Computer with some ZING... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:05 AM   #21
cyberfrog
Farcry Engine=outfreakingstanding. Farcry game=want to break your computer. It's so difficult to get anywhere and if you don't have a VERY good gaming system, you won't be able to make use of all the bells and whistles of the Farcry engine. Get used to it, because there is a Star Wars title among others coming out on the same engine.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:57 AM   #22
Pug
Quote:
Originally posted by cyberfrog
Farcry Engine=outfreakingstanding. Farcry game=want to break your computer. It's so difficult to get anywhere and if you don't have a VERY good gaming system, you won't be able to make use of all the bells and whistles of the Farcry engine. Get used to it, because there is a Star Wars title among others coming out on the same engine.
The Crytek engine (Far Cry) is OK, but it pales to the graphical power that Doom 3 has on its highest setting (have seen in action on a kiosk - my copy arrives tomorrow). I also like how Doom 3 has different render paths for those will lesser computers, so everyone can play. Not everyone is going to buy a $500 video card, along with a high end system to play a game. Most of ATI and Nvidias sales come from the "value" segments too, so most games should play allright on middle end hardware. Of course not everyone will be able to enable all the "bells and whistles", but those than can will be in for a special treat.

I think that Doom 3 (really think) and Half Life 2 (sort of know more than think) may have started out on the Havoc engine (Painkiller is pure Havoc) and were then heavily modified. Even though Doom 3 is nice and pretty, I'm really anticipating HL2.

Now the eternal question, should I buy an ATI x800Pro or an Nvidia GeForce 6800GT? I don't think my pair of Voodoo 2 (24mb of Canopus Pure 3D2's in SLI)'s will handle either.

I did buy a new waterblock for my CPU today. Looks like I wont have a new video card any time soon.

Old 08-20-2004, 12:11 PM   #23
lizzardcomputer
ICan run doom3

here is my lanmower just back from quakeconhttp://images.tweaktown.com/imageban...semods_054.jpg

Old 08-20-2004, 01:02 PM   #24
Pug
Didn't I see that on the [H]ard OCP Qcon page?

Old 08-20-2004, 04:23 PM   #25
WebSlave
I just picked up a copy of Doom3 today. But I have no idea when I'll have time to load it, much less play it. Time is kind of tight around here lately....

Old 08-21-2004, 07:55 AM   #26
Pug

It is scary though. Even on my second time around I managed to scare myself more than I had on the first playthrough. I thought that because I knew what lurked around every corner, I'd be less scared, but the opposite happened.

I had to run the game on 800x600 for high quality or 1024x768 on medium (high would cause a huge drop to choppiness in open areas, and I got tired of that). It really seems to looks good on lower settings, and the general experience is still there - I tried 640x480 with low and it wasn't bad at all.

Old 08-23-2004, 05:58 PM   #27
lizzardcomputer
Yea its on tech tv, hard ocp,tweakertown,and whole lot of others I make a mod for quakecon every year. Last year was a yellow water cooler.

Old 08-23-2004, 06:01 PM   #28
lizzardcomputer
http://www.viaarena.com/htmlimages/QC036.jpg
Try this link maybe it will work sorry.

Old 08-23-2004, 06:06 PM   #29
lizzardcomputer
http://www.planetquake.com/images/im...cs/day1-11.jpg
Oh to edit maybe this one will work

Old 08-23-2004, 07:04 PM   #30
WebSlave
Just out of curiosity, what is the hottest video card out there today?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!