Wild Wild West - Part 2 - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #121
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Wes, somewhere up there I think I saw you say that you are going to be a non participant.

Pacts can be made. Perhaps under their username, those who choose not to participate can somehow notate that fact.
If you leave you gun in its holster, others may choose to do the same when dealing with you.

The point of this whole exercise is not necessarily to mete out justice in a specified manner, nor to shoot people down at the slightest infraction, it's to stop the volume of whine-o-grams to Rich and for all of us together to somehow make this community the way we want it to be..
The problem with pacts is you have to have trust on both sides.

I don't have that trust for you or many others who, I suspect, would love nothing more than to see one so "depraved" as myself removed.

Interesting that you mention whine-o-grams. Have you ever tallied the number you've sent yourself? I know on TRR, in the short time you were a member there, you set an alltime record.

I thing the Inquisition analogy is most apt. There are some here who want to force THIER views and ways of doing things on others.

There is no chance, no option, no possibility of those being forced to do anything but change or be removed, to convert or be killed.

It's NOT the Wild Wild West where you faced one another man to man and shot it out, it's an Inquisition were gangs of weaklings are going to attack those with whom they do not agree with and hit them over and over until that person is gone.

Like Kevin, if it comes to that, to the point that I am removed without the chance to defend myself with honor and dignity, I will simply stay gone.

Attacking in a group, with those alongside me being the same lackwits I would not drink amoung or vouch for nor choose as allies or comrads, has no favor with me and I'll not be a part of it.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #122
Dragondad
Maybe the point here needs to be:

Accept what happens on the board and stop whining about it to Rich!!! For those that don't whine good for you, for the rest, well lest see how like the fact that the people your complaining about are now able to "punish" you too.

I think it's pretty simplistic to believe that people will let go of a chance to dink individuals that they simply don't like the manner in which they post. I mean if you read the threads now the little fighting is ongoing. And its pretty short sighted for someone to believe that just because someone else is passive with the warning that they will be too.

Anyone want to take bets on who is the first out, also a good bet is who is the first to shoot from the hip??

Old 01-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #123
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
The problem with pacts is you have to have trust on both sides.

I don't have that trust for you or many others who, I suspect, would love nothing more than to see one so "depraved" as myself removed.

Interesting that you mention whine-o-grams. Have you ever tallied the number you've sent yourself? I know on TRR, in the short time you were a member there, you set an alltime record.

I thing the Inquisition analogy is most apt. There are some here who want to force THIER views and ways of doing things on others.

There is no chance, no option, no possibility of those being forced to do anything but change or be removed, to convert or be killed.

It's NOT the Wild Wild West where you faced one another man to man and shot it out, it's an Inquisition were gangs of weaklings are going to attack those with whom they do not agree with and hit them over and over until that person is gone.

Like Kevin, if it comes to that, to the point that I am removed without the chance to defend myself with honor and dignity, I will simply stay gone.

Attacking in a group, with those alongside me being the same lackwits I would not drink amoung or vouch for nor choose as allies or comrads, has no favor with me and I'll not be a part of it.
So Wes, are you saying that you favor the Outback Methodology ("NO RULES, MATE") here instead?

Old 01-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #124
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
So Wes, are you saying that you favor the Outback Methodology ("NO RULES, MATE") here instead?
Yes. I'd rather fight no holds barred than with both hands tied behind my back whilst midgets dance upon my skull.

If there is no way to remove points given, then it is, eventually, a one way ticket off the site.

If there are those you really want off, be the king and kick them off. If you really don't care what happens, the stop pretending to care.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #125
Scott Ashton
Rich:

If its that much work - and more importantly that much hassle - why continue to subject yourself to the stress?

I don't see the new system as better - per-se, but I'll bet it does nothing to improve the present status of the board nor your stress/frustration level.

I understand the philosphy behind starting the BOI and it is a useful tool that I have used many times.

But at this point in time - now that Fauna has become well, the monster that it is (and I mean monster in terms of proportion/scale) why not hand over the reigns to someone else? And by that I mean - sell it. Get something for your hard work and aggrevation and be a participant rather than the disillusioned leader of the misfit toys.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #126
Golden Gate Geckos
deja vous...

WOW!!! This is a GREAT idea! It seems it was thought of before:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=74948

* please take note of Rich's response... LOL!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #127
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
I will simply stay gone.
I do not believe that. You were gone once, and you are here.
I believe this experiment will entertain briefly but that those who are thoughtful will learn from experience that rules are not such a bad thing.

I forecast that when the educational experience is complete, the slate will be wiped clean once again, and you and everyone else will be back.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #128
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
It means you should probably download the latest version of the Firefox (2.0) web browser which has a built in / automatic spell chicker that works on most internet forms and forums where you are inputing text.

Adrian
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Evidently it doesn't work.
Yeah it does, to an extent. You have to pay attention to the little red lines. of course it is only as good as the associated dictionary and it totally misses "inputing" which should be "inputting".
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #129
ravensgait
Well just my opinion but why not leave well enough alone. From what I can see the biggest complaints have been the constant changing of the rules.

Here we go again and 3 - 6 - 9 months from now we'll be here in a thread like this discussing the next change in the rules.

Rich I can't imagine that this new idea will lessen the number of whine o grams you receive if anything they will double or triple. You will again put up with it for a while then along will come the next new idea.

I've never complained about how this site is run and I've been here for a few changes. I've always felt that what the hey no biggie but I guess I'm starting to feel like some of the other long timers here,, make up your mind and stick with it your never going to make everyone happy so stop trying!!!...

Assign more Mods if you need more but giving the keys to the inmates has never been a good idea..... Look how many are just anticipating their new power and who they can dump on..Randy

Old 01-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #130
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrillomn
Hey Wes,
You had better clean up your act or start looking for a new place to play.
You're the one wearing the big target here.

Have a nice day Wesley.
Says the man who is currently being watched through multiple scopes......

My thought? Who cares? Rich, do as you want as it makes no difference to me. If enough people want me gone then why would I want to be here to begin with?

Screw it, I say, but get off the pot and get the game arockin...... Life is too short to be worried about Fauna.

Griz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread