Which is he?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #1
mochasr4me00
Which is he??

Hi. A few weeks ago we purchased a monitor at our one and only rep show from a well known reptile dealer. Snoopy was sold to us as a Brown roughneck monitor. Well after some more research and looking at a few more pics we are not sure? It seems that he could also be a Dumerill's monitor? All the info I could find (not much it seems) says that they are often mistaken for each other because they are very similar in looks, colors etc. Either way we love him to death but would like to have it clarified for a few care, feeding, etc. reasons if anyone here can help and or give me names to a few sites. These are the best pics I could get of him (he's camera shy)
Hopefully this link works well and anyone interested can take a look.

Snoopys slide show

Old 11-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #2
montezuma
I am not a monitor person but if I remember correctly a Brown Roughneck is another name for the Dumerils. As Bon Jovi put it, "It's all the same, only the names changed" :scatter:

Old 11-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
hhmoore
very true. dumerils monitors=brown roughneck monitors

Old 11-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #4
Jungle Gems
Brown Roughneck/Dumeril's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
very true. dumerils monitors=brown roughneck monitors

I concur... these animals are one in the same.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!