mangrove monitors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
breakdown
mangrove monitors

of all the monitors that dont get huge i really like mangrove monitors i almost bought one a few months ago. are they're any in the pet trade that are captive bred or is the best i could hope for captive hatched. does anyone own one? if so id love more info about size, temperament, housing etc.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
markface
i dont have any mangroves now , but i have kept one in the past . general care would be similer to asian water monitors , good humidity , water tub that they can soak in , lots of space needed as they can be very active . the one i had got to about 4 feet 8 inches and close to 10 lbs . they are smaller than some of the real big monitors , but i wouldnt consider them a small animal . mine was puppy dog tame and easy to handle , but he did like to jump/fall on people from the curtians(his favorite spot to snooze) if he though he might get something to eat from them . all in all one of my favorite monitors .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!