How do you report a scam? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #1
leoskee
How do you report a scam?

Hi. I tried to find an admin contact but was unsuccessful. I want to report a user that contacted me about selling lizards who I quickly figured out was a scam. I am not sure if this post is going public but the user is Andy77. He sent me a private message with his phone number. I reached out to him but soon realized that something was not right. He had just registered the same day and did not have any posts. His profile said he was in California and his name was Andy but when we spoke he lives in Florida and his name is Bill. He told me that he was a moderator at Morph Market. I searched the site and could not find anything.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:32 PM   #2
WebSlave
All we do here is enforce the rules of the site. That is it. How people engage in business is between the parties involved, and is really none of or business nor responsibility. We are not law enforcement, private investigators, nor social justice warriors. Anything anyone tells us about such things will be merely unsubstantiated hearsay.

My advice (and this is ONLY my personal advice) is that if you have ANY doubts whatsoever about someone soliciting business from you, then simply decline the offer and move on. Same goes for any ads you see placed here. You need to use your own best judgement about who you do business with. We are not going to provide any guidance or hand holding for you. This site is here simply to allow anyone interested to post ads, and respond to such ads that they may be interested in. Someone posting here is not a confirmation that they are worthy of your business. Someone contacting you through this site is similarly not any sort of guarantee that they have been vetted in any manner whatsoever concerning honesty, accuracy of identity, nor integrity in the way they do business. We do try to weed out obvious scammers and spammers using false IDs, but this voluntary attempt does not guarantee that we catch them all, nor imply that we are obligated to do so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!