SYR reduced rates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #1
EmeraldBoid
SYR reduced rates

So I have shipped a few times now and recently I got a call from SYR asking if I wanted to be set up for my own reduced shipping rate? I declined because I should only be selling and shipping on a seasonal basis, but now I am starting to wonder if it would still help me out profit wise. Has anyone ever set one of these up? If so how much of a discount were/are you getting?

Old 07-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
Focal
Interesting, I have sent quite a few packages and haven't heard anything. I did recently hear about this from a friend but thought you had to call them.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Interesting, I have sent quite a few packages and haven't heard anything. I did recently hear about this from a friend but thought you had to call them.
Yeah, I shipped two packages using coupon codes, a day after the second arrived at it's destination I got a call from them asking about the rate. I tried to look it up on their website but I did not find anything.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
allreptiles1966
I was just set up to receive 40% off since I ship out lots of packages.

I initially had a 20% discount. With 40% I get a great rate. A 7x7x6 box with two lbs is only $46-48 $$ to ship to Cali overnight. I think it's worth it. I don't have to ship any specified amount of boxes.

SYR rocks for me!! Highly recommended !

Old 08-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
FireStorm
I'm set up at 30% off of retail. If they offer I can't think of any reason not to take them up on it. I don't have a minimum to keep my rate.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
norcalCham
SYR is fantastic. It can't hurt to send them an email with past shipment that you have had and request a lower rate for future shipments.
I like most people just pass the savings on to my customers.
Jason
LCC

Old 05-30-2015, 04:05 PM   #7
neilg
started at 20% discount to begin with? some getting 40% off? wowsers.. impressive!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!