*Just in from A & M Gecko* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: what should i breed my aptor het. for raptor to?
a RAPTOR 13 72.22%
my GGG Super-Tangerine Hybino 3 16.67%
a giant sunglow 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2006, 03:18 AM   #1
diablohogs
*Just in from A & M Gecko*

i actually got her a week ago but i wanted to let her settle in a bit before i took her picture. still not sure if i want to breed her to a raptor or my super-tangerine hybino. i think i'd get some really varied and cool offspring if i outcrossed her to my super-tangerine hybino.

but on the other hand... i bought her as an aptor het. for raptor which would lead me to believe i'll get raptor offspring if i breed her to a raptor. just curious, what do you guys suggest i do?

and heres an updated picture of the super-tangerine hybino i have...

Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
Dan Lubinsky
That's a tough one, Chad. Coin toss. I'd probably do Raptor, then next year do super tangerine to reduce the fading into adulthood.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
mhwc56
Wow Chad they are beautiful. I really LOVE that super tangerine hybino.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #4
Blazin
Actually I'm all about color! Especially screamin Tang. I'd breed her to that awesome Hybino you got from Marcia! That is truly an awesome animal!

Old 06-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
Well, Chad...

I'd personally say do the RAPTOR, and post detailed results of the crossing (to help us all verify the genetic inheritance of the RAPTOR).

Old 06-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #6
diablohogs
i'm planning on getting one more pair. either a giant sunglow or a nicely colored reverse stripe albino and a nice looking raptor.

i can either breed:

the aptor to the raptor AND the super-tang hybino to a giant sunglow or reverse stripe albino...

OR

i can breed raptor to giant sunglow AND super-tang hybino to aptor het. for raptor and come out with a whole range of stripes, reverse stripes, jungles, ect..

i'm leaning towards the later of the two. why not just have fun with them the first season and breed them to thier more matched up pairing the following season.

either way i won't be breeding anything until at least next season. i'm just trying to figure out what sex the raptor should be and what sex i should get the reverse stripe or sunglow or whatever.

thanks for all the advice everyone... i wouldnt mind hearing what some more of you have to say... gregg? dan poe? jeremy? fred (where is fred anyhow?)? or anyone for that matter...

does anyone have any pictures of a raptor to hybino cross they can share?

Old 06-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #7
Jeremy Letkey
First off, those geckos are amazing!!

Now, without seeing the male Raptor that you may get. I will say that male from Marcia is stunning. I love the multi tone oranges. Just beautiful! I'm sure that those two would make awesome babies.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
groovygeckos
Hey Chad. I would probably have to get a pair of RAPTORs, so I could do both RAPTOR X, and Hybino X. LOL

Old 06-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #9
nicolai
That thing is awesome, I will have to take a close look at what Alberto has on his table in two weeks at the white plains show. That is if he is going to the next white plains show, I am not sure he does them all.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:52 AM   #10
KHGeckos
yes he will be there. im looking to get something nice off his table this time around. i love expos.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!