1.2 Bull snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
pituophissayi
1.2 Bull snakes

I just acquired two of these and need to get rid of them to free up space. It is illegal to sell them in the state of Coloraodo, but tips are GREATLY appreciated. The male is very emmaciated and needs a good vet soon. Both females are VERY robust and one was gravid when collected nearly two years ago. Unfortunately I thought she was a he and she deposited her 7 eggs in her water dish just 2 days after I caught her. I have locale information on all of them (different locales). Email me directly at juggalo4202002@msn.com if you're interested.

Zack.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
MRC31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pituophissayi
I just acquired two of these and need to get rid of them to free up space. It is illegal to sell them in the state of Coloraodo, but tips are GREATLY appreciated
Isn't that basically selling them if you accept money for them? Here in Arizona it's unlawful to sell/trade or any kind of bartering for native wildlife. Natives cannot even be placed on the raffle table at the local herp club meetings.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
viborero
Quote:
The male is very emmaciated and needs a good vet soon.
Umm...isn't that your responsibilty? Why are you trying to pawn off a sick animal?

Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
pituophissayi
Ok, first, I am giving them away, if you want to give me money for my time so be it, if not then ok. Second, I'm not pawning him off, my vet cannot see him until mid February, he needs a vet sooner than that. No I will not take him to a different vet simply because all the vets in my area besides the vet that I go to are completely ignorant when it comes to reptiles.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
viborero
Quote:
No I will not take him to a different vet simply because all the vets in my area besides the vet that I go to are completely ignorant when it comes to reptiles.
Any vet can do a fecal and check for parasites/infections.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
MRC31
Quote:
Ok, first, I am giving them away, if you want to give me money for my time so be it
Wouldn't accepting a so called donation technically accepting money for a native WC snake? It's not really any different than saying "I wan't $50 for the $3 Sterilite container he is in, and you can have the snake for free"

I agree with Diego, it's your responsibilty to get that snake healthy before trying do unload it. I'd think taking him to a completly ignorant vet might be better than withering away. It's the ethical thing to do. You caught it, adopted it or however you aquired it, you are responsible for it. I bet if it was a $1,000 snake it would be at the vet. It might be hard to justify spending a cuple hundred bucks on a WC animal, but you took on the responsibility.

Why is it emeciated? Is it feeding, drinking? If you cannot get him to the vet for whatever reasons, maybe some of us forum members can give you some advice on trying to get him back in shape? I keep a large collection of pituophis and viborero keeps them also.

There is a herp club in Colorado, maybe somebody there can help you out. Or atleast recommend a vet. I don't know if i'm allowed to link it, so if you want the adress I will PM it to you.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
pituophissayi
He is drinking normally, but according to the kid I got him from he hadn't eaten in near 3 months. He ate last week but that hardly put a dent in the problem. I have an appointment for three animals on February 17. Also, I'm not asking for money for any of the animals, but it would be nice to get compensated for delivery and/or time. I'm going to see if he'll eat again this week. I won't take him to another vet in my area because I took an animal that had a small parasite load to another vet in the area and they opted to put the animal down as opposed to looking up the dosages and perscribing the medication because "It would be easier to replace the animal." If it were a car ok, that's a reasonable statement, but not for an animal.

I know this post is all over the place, but I haven't slept for three days because my great grandmothers house has needed maintenance (she passed a few months ago and the house is on the market so it's kind of a must do thing). I apologize for any incoherencies.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #8
justinian2120
so....?

what's the status of the bull?and do you need some info on their care?

Old 02-10-2007, 01:44 AM   #9
pituophissayi
They have been rehomed and they were taken to the vet in the week. I kept one female for sentimental reasons... I do know how to keep them... they were actually one of the easiest species I have ever kept (started with an eastern king and burms).
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread