Wanted Custom Heat tape job!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
SilverBlaze
Custom Heat tape job!!!

I have 3 of the racks (pictured below) that I need heat tape for, only problem is I need to make it that I only have 1 electric cord for each rack not one for each self. I honestly can’t deal with 9 different cords and then I would have to go buy more thermostats and that’s just not in my budget right now. I have seen people do this before but I am no electrician and I would rather not kill my Leos in the spring. If you have experience with heat tape and know how to wire the shelves together or even if you know a company that would do this without costing me a fortune please message me.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
TattooLost
You could always just run back heat... measure top to bottom, and get one piece cut to go down the back of the rack. Then just one plug.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:27 AM   #3
RichsBallPythons

I can do it all for you if you supply the heat tape and extension cords. Just pay shipping my way and back and ill solder them to the size you need to one extension cord.

image Link-http://www.herpcenter.com/images/heattape/parallel1lg.gif

Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
brianb2157
I also pm'd you.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
SilverBlaze
Red face WOW

Let me start by just saying wow… I got a lot of responses with so many people willing to lend a helping hand. I took some measurements and I need a total of 9 strips of heat tape that are about 9-¾ inch long and I was thinking about using 4 inch heat tape. So that would be three groups of three. Special thanks to RichsBallPythons for supplying the picture. That’s exactly what I want done… So any way with so many people offering their service I was kinda stressed about whom to contact to do the job. So with the info I gave, if you would be interested in helping me out, could please send me a quote with what you think if you did the heat tape what supplies and shipping would cost… If you need any other info on like measurements or anything just ask and my zipcode is 17745 for shipping info.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
RichsBallPythons
Like i said Order all the flexwatt you need and buy the extension cords. One you have all that ship them to me and ill solder them together for you free. Just pay shipping there and back.

USPS priority box for 3-4" heat tape fits in sm box thats 4.95 shipping.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
shermjulmis
That rack isnt good for reptiles. When I first started out i tired them but if you look closely at the edges reptiles can get out. Putting leopard geckos,fat tails, cresties ect may lead to an escape. Just trying to save you some time searching

Old 11-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by shermjulmis View Post
That rack isnt good for reptiles. When I first started out i tired them but if you look closely at the edges reptiles can get out. Well I dont know what your putting in there but leopard geckos,fat tails, cresties ect can escape just trying to save you some time searching
Id have to disagree. I have kept and bred Leopard geckos in these with NOT one escape. The tubs are too talk for leopard geckos to get too since they dont climb or jump

Old 11-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
Goombas Reptiles
I can't tell you how many times I stared at these things while buying totes and sweater boxes for my other reps and supplies and thought there has to be something I can use them for. My mind was stuck on snakes and I never once thought to keep my leopards in there. The other poster is right. They dont jump, they dont climb, those drawer systems would be perfect for me. Thanks for the inspiration! lol

Old 11-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
SilverBlaze
The only thing you might have a problems with is crickets escaping. I use feeding tongs though. Depending how many many eggs my females lay at a time, I like to keep the sets together once they have hatched. Just don't do what I did the other day. I was putting a case of 1000 crickets in a tank and the one side popped open and like 200-300 crickets escaped. I almost had a hard attack. I started yelling ''We have Escapees, Help Escapees.'' and my mates came running down the stairs. It was so funny.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!