What do you think about TELEMARKETERS?! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:22 AM   #1
Beyond the Web
What do you think about TELEMARKETERS?!

Especially those who call on a Saturday morning and Sunday night? Middle of breakfast and middle of dinner... and let's be honest. Does anyone ever buy over the phone? Why or why not? In my personal opinion, the only thing I'll buy over the phone is anything that doesn't require my credit card information or my bank's routing & checking number! What kind of people are they?! It's a job I know, but who would do it?!

A recent call Sunday night was, "Tim Robbins here, calling for the Correctional Peace Officers Foundation, how are you? Hey we're not coming to get 'ya or nothing! (followed with a laugh) We're just calling everyone here in town in regards to our big magic show at the Paramount Theater, it's our 20th annual benefit show, sir and a fundraiser we get involved with once a year. Proceeds go out to support the widows and orphans of officers who have been killed and injured in the line of duty here locally, so we're hoping you can give us a hand by coming down to our show or sponsoring a few less fortunate and disabled children in your area to attend if you're unable to do so. It's nothing you pay for over the phone, we send you everything first on a good faith basis. The only thing we ask is you send a payment back within 10 days after you get it. Can we count on your support?"

Old 12-20-2004, 01:10 PM   #2
CTtrapper
I buy nothing over the phone. (Solicited by phone call)
I can't belive anyone would, but they must.
Get on the national do not call list. When I started the buissness, they stated again and i got a privacy manager from the phone Co. Now they can't get through.

Old 12-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #3
DAND
I've got caller ID and if I don't know who the caller is I answer the phone with irritated "Yeah" . Now I have a rather deep voice and most of the time I get hung up on. If I don't and it's someone trying to sell something I unload on them about how I am on the National DO NOT Call List and that they can be fined for calling someone on the list. That usually brings a hang up.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
Beyond the Web
Ok, here's the reason why I asked. You see, I am a part-time telemarketer myself. The company I work for raises funds for local law enforcement agencies, and I am in "shock" at how many people are extremely rude and so unappreciative and inconsiderate! Hey, it's a job, some of us actually NEED to work in order to make ends meet. Sure, it is a frustrating job, but someone's gotta do it. And I don't believe anyone can just get on the phone and ask for money for free, as most of the people who I call suggest we do. We do call for a non-profit, we do collect more than the fund actually gets... but when has it become WRONG for someone to get paid for their fundraising services? I see it this way... it is an honest day's pay for an honest day's work.

It is so inconsiderate to hang up on a telemarketer who is raising money for local law enforcement, and I'm not even asking for your credit card number. All we ask for is a pledge. And btw, that DO NOT CALL registry? Well, it doesn't work for non-profits and telephone surveyors.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:38 PM   #5
MR_Jungle_Mist
Pete-

You will appreciate this thread then.

Happy reading!

Old 12-20-2004, 10:14 PM   #6
CTtrapper
Pete, I look at it like this.
My home is my castle. I have a phone for people to call me for personal reasons, not to be solicited for ANY reason. You have no right to bother me in my home. Not being honest in the begining of this thread shows your true personality.
Heres a tip...Tell these people to hold on your going to get your wife,put the phone down and go finish supper.
Life is stressful enough without these inconsiderate people bothering you at home. Why do you think we have the national list in the first place?? Because no one wants you to call.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:48 AM   #7
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Web
It is so inconsiderate to hang up on a telemarketer who is raising money for local law enforcement, and I'm not even asking for your credit card number. All we ask for is a pledge. And btw, that DO NOT CALL registry? Well, it doesn't work for non-profits and telephone surveyors.
Pete,

Untie the knot in your shorts. You were not clear when you started this thread. I am aware that the DO NOT CALL list does not apply to charitable organizations or surveys. I support my local law enforcement (got the stickers to prove it but I don't put them on my vehicles). I didn't say I would or did hang up on anybody, I said they hang up on me. Now if you have people being rude to you it could be one of two things. They are either not interested and you persist just reading from your script, or they are just unhappy with someone calling them at their home pulling them away from the game, dinner or off the throne just to hear someone asking them for money, buy windows when the live in an apartment, or to apply for a new credit card. Telemarketers are like the religious fanatics who go door to door. Don't push your beliefs, products or anything else on me. If I want something I'll find you. DON'T CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:55 AM   #8
Beyond the Web
Hey Dave,

I figured it's not a good idea for me to add fuel to the fire so I'm gonna leave it as it is. And considerind the thread that already exists, I'll just be wasting my time arguing over it with other stubborn people like myself. I do sell, I am a telemarketer, so all I can do is laugh at the people on the other end.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #9
TooManyBurmese
Well I have a $8 Walmart answering machine, and if the # doesn't look familiar on the caller ID I screen my calls. I also put myself on the DNC list, but I still get at least one call a day!

I did however buy a Sunday newspaper subscription thought a telemarketer. I don't remember why I even answered the phone that day, but I am happy with the subscription and for once, I got a great deal on something!

But my new favorite thing telemarketers do, is they have a robot call you (well a computer, but robot sounds more funny) and it puts you on HOLD!!!!!!!! So now they have managed to combine the two things I think people hate most, being on HOLD and telemarketers! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Old 12-21-2004, 07:59 PM   #10
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtrapper
Pete, I look at it like this.
My home is my castle. I have a phone for people to call me for personal reasons, not to be solicited for ANY reason. You have no right to bother me in my home.
All I can say is WORD
(I know I'm not 15, but hey, you said it just right)

Quote:
Not being honest in the begining of this thread shows your true personality.
So does his post from below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
I do sell, I am a telemarketer, so all I can do is laugh at the people on the other end.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!