Our Latest Adoption and Our New People Greeter - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
scalesnstuff
Our Latest Adoption and Our New People Greeter

Well we just received am iguana yesterday. The owners had adopted it from a local vet about a year ago. They just had a baby and did not want the iguana to suffer because of it. It used to roam the house for a couple of hours a day, but with the newborn they were afraid of it injuring their baby. Can't say I don't blame them. He roams the store almost all day, his favorite spot is in front of the door.
They also donated a large cage for it. It serves its purpose, but I need to refit it to make it more presentable for the store. The cage is 28 1/2" wide x 55" long x 55" high. It is made out of Plywood and has a wire cage front which I would like to replace with Lexan or Plexiglass. I am thinking it would be better to line the wood with something that is waterproof. It defecated last night it is really nasty.
At first I though that it might have had MBD, but I cannot find any deformities other than the tail. Now I believe it was just broken.
Any suggestions let me know, I just started dealing with Green Iguans but on a very small scale (they have to be special ordered, what I do have for sale people backed down on)
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
jglass38
That a good looking boy! I am sure he will be much happier now!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!